Sign in to follow this  
KidSurvivor2011

The "How Do You Feel Right Now?" Topic (5)

1 hour ago, RiverLight said:

OMG. More changes. I cannot handle things anymore and am about to have a mental breakdown. My now P/T job is changing yet again and I don't know if my hours or pay are being reduced yet. They hired a marketing director who is outsourcing most of my job for one of the companies I manage to an outside consultant. This must mean I am not doing a good enough job for that one company. They've asked me to continue on with an ongoing project (a new project), but I have not heard a peep from HR about my hours and pay. Right now I work 20 hours per week for them on two websites. The outsourcing to a consultant is just for one of the websites I manage.

This, on top of having to move out ASAP, is pushing me to the brink. I am panicking, I am freaking out and I don't know how I am going to be able to cope or for that matter, move to a new residence!

So sorry to hear this.  I live in constant fear that my job will be outsourced.  But if you haven't heard yet, don't assume the worst.  Could you contact HR and just ask them?  Might be good to get the information sooner even if it's bad (but it might not be).  Plus it sounds like you are assuming they think you aren't doing a good enough job for that company - but without them actually saying that.  

1 hour ago, JD4010 said:

See, that is so wrong in so many ways. There is no loyalty to employees from the corporate movers and shakers. We live in a constant state of uncertainty. Our lives can be completely disrupted on the whims of some suits sitting in plush offices. They have no connection to the consequences of their decisions. No matter what, they get their fantastic salaries and year-end bonuses. The rest of us just get pushed further down into the dirt.

It's up to us (and our elected officials) to stay on top of this.  One thing I always do when talking to someone on the phone or by email, etc, is ask "where are you physically located? Or "where is your call center located?"   If they are not in America, I ask to speak to someone in America (I read an article that said this is our right - something most people don't know).  If they refuse, I don't deal with that company anymore.  It's not just about outsourcing of jobs but protection of our personal information.  Once our information crosses international borders, especially to a country without good privacy laws, we're screwed.

2 hours ago, JD4010 said:

See, that is so wrong in so many ways. There is no loyalty to employees from the corporate movers and shakers. We live in a constant state of uncertainty. Our lives can be completely disrupted on the whims of some suits sitting in plush offices. They have no connection to the consequences of their decisions. No matter what, they get their fantastic salaries and year-end bonuses. The rest of us just get pushed further down into the dirt.

I know -- and just several months ago they reduced me from full time to half time.

32 minutes ago, Rozzie86 said:

So sorry to hear this.  I live in constant fear that my job will be outsourced.  But if you haven't heard yet, don't assume the worst.  Could you contact HR and just ask them?  Might be good to get the information sooner even if it's bad (but it might not be).  Plus it sounds like you are assuming they think you aren't doing a good enough job for that company - but without them actually saying that.  

TY! I did contact HR to ask what is happening with my job and why. I am assuming that I haven't done a good enough of a job or else they wouldn't have hired a consultant.

I'm hiding away the rest of the winter.  I have to.  It's the only way I'm going to make it.  I went out today and I was a total mess.  I can't risk going out any time soon.  I know it sounds pathetic but it's the truth.  I live and die by the seasons and winter is by far the hardest season to survive for me.

1 hour ago, One More Red Nightmare said:

I'm falling.  Have to make it to the end..

You can do it! I got through my first week of work. If my old carcass can do it, you can survive too. LOL!

3 hours ago, sober4life said:

I'm hiding away the rest of the winter.  I have to.  It's the only way I'm going to make it.  I went out today and I was a total mess.  I can't risk going out any time soon.  I know it sounds pathetic but it's the truth.  I live and die by the seasons and winter is by far the hardest season to survive for me.

I used to love winter. But this year, it is wearing on me. And we haven't had that much bad weather. A little colder than normal, but not much snow. I would dearly love to move to northern New Mexico where winter is milder and there's no humidity in the summer.

I'm feeling put upon by my family...that's all. My husband needing all kinds of care, my son needing and I am working too many shifts at my job helping needy people (some of them just need to check in and be left alone, though) for so little money and I'm not sure how much more of me is left for me.

Starting to feel better again. I had a dark/angry spell for an hour or two. I hate those, and I can't seem to stop them. Maybe I need to go back on my meds, which I thought weren't doing anything.

really down, kinda surprised but not surprised the psychologist I was so looking forward to seeing today just sat and stared at me.  Like, this is her type of therapy, to just listen and talk (and I have to pay off a huge deductible..).  So, I have to find someone who'll talk, engage in conversation, remind me that yeah, I'm there and she can see me and can respond back like a human being.  WTH (sorry for the curse word).  I mean, I swear this infuriates me.  And, yes I told her what kind of therapy I would appreciate/need.  She lets me know, this is how she does it.  

Edited by HeatherG
sorry i ranted..

3 hours ago, Dolphin2013 said:

I'm feeling put upon by my family...that's all. My husband needing all kinds of care, my son needing and I am working too many shifts at my job helping needy people (some of them just need to check in and be left alone, though) for so little money and I'm not sure how much more of me is left for me.

Understandable.  It's not easy to give care.  May I ask if your husband is going to get well?  

You always need to make sure you have time for yourself, as difficult as that can be to arrange.

16 minutes ago, HeatherG said:

really down, kinda surprised but not surprised the psychologist I was so looking forward to seeing today just sat and stared at me.  Like, this is her type of therapy, to just listen and talk (and I have to pay off a huge deductible..).  So, I have to find someone who'll talk, engage in conversation, remind me that yeah, I'm there and she can see me and can respond back like a human being.  WTH (sorry for the curse word).  I mean, I swear this infuriates me.  And, yes I told her what kind of therapy I would appreciate/need.  She lets me know, this is how she does it.  So, on the hunt for another frickin' psychologist.  Frick if it weren't for my nephew I would hurl myself into ongoing traffic.  Sorry if this triggers anyone.  Like, I'm so frickin' careful on this website!  Sorry, I'm sure.

Yeah, Heather, find a human being therapist if that is what you need.  I once went to a guy like this - it is the Freudian psychotherapy approach and it was not what I needed at all.  In fact, my guy even had a Freud-like German accent LOL.  Sorry you have to look again, but I hope and trust that you will find someone suitable!!!  Hugs!

33 minutes ago, salparadise6132 said:

Yeah, Heather, find a human being therapist if that is what you need.  I once went to a guy like this - it is the Freudian psychotherapy approach and it was not what I needed at all.  In fact, my guy even had a Freud-like German accent LOL.  Sorry you have to look again, but I hope and trust that you will find someone suitable!!!  Hugs!

Thank you Brian, I sent some messages out today -- hope by Monday I hear something.  I'll keep looking, thank you for always being so nice to me.  I always appreciate it.  (((hugs)))

Been following this thread, miss you guys!

I have been in a lot of physical pain (my back) and saw the doctor today; he prescribed me some pills and a gel, and I’ll also need to see a massage therapist.  My pain won’t go away on its own.  Also had some xrays done and will find out the results tomorrow.  It’s bad enough that I suffer from anxiety, including health anxiety, didn’t need this.

@HeatherG  hope you find a psychologist that suits you; no need to apologize for swearing.

@salparadise6132  your posts are heartwarming; I actually have a Freudian mouse pad.  I read further back about the abuse you suffered, and I’m sorry to hear about what you went through.

@RiverLight  that’s a lot of pressure you’re dealing with, no wonder you’re panicking; it’s going to sort itself out.  You’re smart and competent and have a really nice personality.  All these traits are helpful to you.  I’ve taken computer tests when applying for jobs, and found it a total waste of time; anything I didn’t know could be learned on the job.  

I’m in so much discomfort, and can barely sleep because of it and my mind is racing.  Can’t take another dose for a few hours.  Just wanted you guys, all of you beautiful souls, to know that I’m thinking of you!

:icon12::flowers: 

6 hours ago, gs22 said:

@RiverLight  that’s a lot of pressure you’re dealing with, no wonder you’re panicking; it’s going to sort itself out.  You’re smart and competent and have a really nice personality.  All these traits are helpful to you.  I’ve taken computer tests when applying for jobs, and found it a total waste of time; anything I didn’t know could be learned on the job.  

I’m in so much discomfort, and can barely sleep because of it and my mind is racing.  Can’t take another dose for a few hours.  Just wanted you guys, all of you beautiful souls, to know that I’m thinking of you!

:icon12::flowers: 

Aww, thank you so much for your kind, encouraging words! I really appreciate it. I do need encouragement and positive thoughts..... thank you!

And I am so sorry you are in pain and discomfort ... awful! ARGH.

1 hour ago, RiverLight said:

Aww, thank you so much for your kind, encouraging words! I really appreciate it. I do need encouragement and positive thoughts..... thank you!

And I am so sorry you are in pain and discomfort ... awful! ARGH.

Thank you, RiverLight.  Have a good idea of how you feel, I’m in agony.

I woke up angry today; I hate being angry more than I have ever hated being anxious or depressed.

It has bummed me out, but I'm hoping once I make it through work, I'll be okay. 

I'm curious if perhaps because I stopped citalopram a dew days ago, and started prozac - the last 2 days I have been sinking slightly, returning to some not so fun feelings. I'm really hoping this change is for the better, and I just have to wait for the new medication to build in my system.

So my xrays came back normal.  I forgot to remind the doctor’s office about a referral for a massage therapist for my back.  The gel is helping more than the pills.

2 hours ago, WordsInTheWind said:

I woke up angry today; I hate being angry more than I have ever hated being anxious or depressed.

It has bummed me out, but I'm hoping once I make it through work, I'll be okay. 

I'm curious if perhaps because I stopped citalopram a dew days ago, and started prozac - the last 2 days I have been sinking slightly, returning to some not so fun feelings. I'm really hoping this change is for the better, and I just have to wait for the new medication to build in my system.

Whenever I’ve stopped or changed meds I tend to get angry. It may be that. 

5 hours ago, RiverLight said:

Literally, I cannot take anymore. I am going to lose my marbles soon.

Yikes! Sorry about that. :sniffle1:

I cracked on Wednesday. Got up and walked out of the office. I'd had it. I'm doing better now, but still not "great".

Hope you feel better quickly.

10 minutes ago, JD4010 said:

Yikes! Sorry about that. :sniffle1:

I cracked on Wednesday. Got up and walked out of the office. I'd had it. I'm doing better now, but still not "great".

Hope you feel better quickly.

thanks, JD. Depression now has sunken in deeply and I cannot stop crying. I feel like a total failure and like throwing in the towel.

I'm glad you feel a bit better yourself. Sorry you had a breakdown too.... no fun. :console: