Advertisement
  • Announcements

• Tungsten Aromatics

Deleting/hiding content   01/26/2018

Members please note: We can not hide or delete posts/threads, content in blogs or images. This also applies to gallerys and blogs. This is also against Df's ToS. Please be mindful about what you post and remember that once you hit send, it will be viewable on the internet.
    • Lindsay

Donate Now   02/09/2018

Give the gift that will keep on giving.     Donate Now  Thank you so much and have a healthy, happy and wonderful year ahead!   Forum Admin Founder/Owner of DepressionForums.org Lindsay Reday Forum Administrator, Founder LGJ CEO/Director, Owner of DepressionForums.org Tungsten Aromatics Senior Administrator 20YearsandCounting Assistant Administrator/Mod Coodinator KidSurvivor2011 Moderator/Administrator Natasha1 Senior Moderator We are in search of an In-House Administrative Technician/Webmaster - Apply to Forum Admin                              
KidSurvivor2011

The "How Do You Feel Right Now?" Topic (5)

2,363 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post  

Advertisement

Hi everyone,

This is the fifth edition of the "How Do You Feel Right Now" topics. For the sake of topic flow, the last six entries from the previous topic are below.

If you followed the previous topic, be sure to follow this one so you continue to get notifications when new replies are posted.

salparadise6132

• Platinum Member
  •  
  • salparadise6132
  • Platinum Member
  • 2,626 posts
  •  

(IP: 74.15.99.200) · 

Posted 2 hours ago · Report post  

Meh!

Tired.

Blah.

Early to bed tonight.

Hugs all!!! And I truly hope for the best for all of you in 2018!

Don't cry now.  

Don't you cry.  

Dry your eyes on the wind.

La da da da.

babyxgothxx

•  
  • babyxgothxx
  • 567 posts
  •  

(IP: 95.150.79.114) · 

2 hours ago, carukia said:

I know sometimes it's very difficult. I've been at the point where it seemed like there was no point in carrying on  but things can and do get better. They did for me and they will for you too. 

:hugs:

Thank you SO much for the positive vibes hun! Thanks also for what you said about my crush, I'll try to message him first on FB... I'm awkward myself but he's more awkward lol I really should be sleeping right now, to be honest... It's about 3am over here!!!

carukia

•  
  • carukia
  • 116 posts

(IP: 213.205.242.207) · 

2 hours ago, babyxgothxx said:

Thank you SO much for the positive vibes hun! Thanks also for what you said about my crush, I'll try to message him first on FB... I'm awkward myself but he's more awkward lol I really should be sleeping right now, to be honest... It's about 3am over here!!!

You're very welcome, hun. I think it's a good idea to talk on Facebook first. 

I know how you feel. 3am and still  not asleep. (I'm in the UK too). Hope you get to sleep soon. X:hugs:

I'm selfish, impatient, and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I'm out of control, and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best Marilyn Monroe

KidSurvivor2011

• Mod/Administrator
  •  
  • KidSurvivor2011
  • Admin Team- Mod/Administrator
  • team_modadmin.gif
  • 2,675 posts
  •  

(IP: 24.144.235.147) · 

Posted 15 minutes ago · Report post  

Unappreciated, worthless, failure, ignored, sad, angry, miserable, hopeless...

- KS

evalynn

• Platinum Member
  •  
  • evalynn
  • Platinum Member
  • 3,844 posts
  •  

(IP: 70.126.239.63) · 

Posted 1 minute ago · Report post  

I had to block someone on my gmail account. Hope they don't try to message me on reddit, where we met. I think I'm done trying to befriend straight males. 

"Y un día después de la tormenta/ Cuando menos piensas, sale el sol" ~Shakira

HeatherG

•  
  • HeatherG
  • 535 posts
  •  

(IP: 72.94.42.168) · 

Posted 2 minutes ago · Report post  

7 hours ago, uncertain1 said:

worthless

I'm sorry you feel this way.  You're not worthless.  Did the day get better (or the night?).  I hope so.  :)

Love Above All Else

You might also be interested in:

Posted · Report post  

Exhausted but not too bad. I just need to find the motivation to get out of the house. 

Posted · Report post  

@KidSurvivor2011 I am sorry you feel that way and I have hope that things will get better for you. I really like the saying, "This too shall pass." because nothing in life is permanent - this means the bad times do go away.

How do I feel right now? I am relieved that 2017 is in the rear view mirror. I am ready to go get me a job. :smilingteeth:

Posted · Report post  

3 minutes ago, LonelyHiker said:

Day two of 2018 and already I have reached a new low...

Same but please don't lose hope x:hugs:

Posted · Report post  

I just returned from the holiday --- OMG, I had the most AMAZING time at this concert NYE. Me and my new boyfriend dressed up in costumes, with glitter and glow sticks and went all out. Wish we had gotten some good pics of us, but we were too busy dancing and having fun. The show was incredible. Four bands, all covering the Grateful Dead, Pink Floyd, Talking Heads and Phish! And then some!!! But it was BITTER cold outside. BRRRR. Below zero after midnight!!!

Now it's back to reality. Interviews, work and real life. YUCK.

Posted · Report post  

53 minutes ago, babyxgothxx said:

Same but please don't lose hope x:hugs:

I'm trying, just feels like a losing battle babyxgothxx... I haven't felt this suicidal in a long time..it's scary.

Posted · Report post  

9 minutes ago, LonelyHiker said:

I'm trying, just feels like a losing battle babyxgothxx... I haven't felt this suicidal in a long time..it's scary.

Please don't leave us hun, you are so important here!!!! I know how it feels, I feel I won't make it until next year... Getting worried about you now! Have you tried calling a crisis number thing? x :hugs:

Posted · Report post  

Hang in there it will get better and if you have too go to the ER and tell them

what is going on in your life and they will help get you the help you need.

Pastor, Floor2017

Posted · Report post  

I'm not planning anything, just overwhelmed with ideation....I promised I would never abandon my son like that.

In any case, I'm so depressed right now, I wouldn't have the drive or energy to snuff it even if I was intent on going through with it...

Posted · Report post  

Thanks Heather and babygoth. Managed to crawl from that particular dark pit, in part because of people like you two. Feelings come in waves, and I sometimes can hang onto the surfboard (apologies to actual surfers and writers)

Posted · Report post  

43 minutes ago, uncertain1 said:

Thanks Heather and babygoth. Managed to crawl from that particular dark pit, in part because of people like you two. Feelings come in waves, and I sometimes can hang onto the surfboard (apologies to actual surfers and writers)

Hun thanks so much! That means A LOT so glad we could help somewhat... That's a blessing! Hun please don't degrade yourself like that... The other day, I described how I'm feeling. Like "I'm a slave to my mental illness and it has got me wrapped in chains... Pulling tighter and tighter..." Something like that. Describing mental illness can be very poetic... It does bring out your writing skills without effort. You would become a nice writer! It'll be inspirational if we could write a novel about mental illness to help people suffering. Or a song? x :hugs::happy:

Posted · Report post  

1 hour ago, LonelyHiker said:

I'm not planning anything, just overwhelmed with ideation....I promised I would never abandon my son like that.

In any case, I'm so depressed right now, I wouldn't have the drive or energy to snuff it even if I was intent on going through with it...

Hun what happened? Do you want to message me about it? It helps to discuss, you know? x :hugs:

Posted · Report post  

I wish I was babied... I know I'll get judged but I don't care... That is a part of me that I haven't changed and will never change just to please people x :icon12:

Posted · Report post  

23 minutes ago, babyxgothxx said:

Hun what happened? Do you want to message me about it? It helps to discuss, you know? x :hugs:

Nothing specific babyxgothxx, just another drastic downswing in mood.... life is just going nowhere for me. I know I am the only one who can effect any meaningful change in things, but I don't even know what I want anymore. I see nothing but darkness and despair ahead...

Posted (edited) · Report post  

Ok. You've got to be freaking kidding me. This company wants an in person interview on Thursday and just threw me four different documents of challenge tests to complete before then. Yeah right! Like hell I will get this done before the interview -- this is going to take me one full day! WHY do employers in my field always want to test my knowledge like this? Why can't the interviews and my great references suffice?!? I am beyond frustrated by this process. I wish I was more entry level, but I'm not! I'm at a senior level and apparently this is what they all do now. Talk about a hard landing back to reality today. I am not happy about this whatsoever.

Edited by RiverLight

Posted · Report post  

50 minutes ago, RiverLight said:

Ok. You've got to be freaking kidding me. This company wants an in person interview on Thursday and just threw me four different documents of challenge tests to complete before then. Yeah right! Like hell I will get this done before the interview -- this is going to take me one full day! WHY do employers in my field always want to test my knowledge like this? Why can't the interviews and my great references suffice?!? I am beyond frustrated by this process. I wish I was more entry level, but I'm not! I'm at a senior level and apparently this is what they all do now. Talk about a hard landing back to reality today. I am not happy about this whatsoever.

Too many people over-promise and under-deliver... References aren't worth anything anyway, everybody who's semi-social will get a dozen people to speak highly of them. Just hang in there, you'll do fine!

Posted · Report post  

2 hours ago, Floor2017 said:

Hang in there it will get better and if you have too go to the ER and tell them

what is going on in your life and they will help get you the help you need.

Pastor, Floor2017

Thank you for the kind words

Posted · Report post  

2 minutes ago, lonelyforeigner said:

Too many people over-promise and under-deliver... References aren't worth anything anyway, everybody who's semi-social will get a dozen people to speak highly of them. Just hang in there, you'll do fine!

I suppose I need this reminder -- thank you! It's just SO frustrating. Especially when you put all the work and effort into these things and then don't get the job for one reason or another. But thank you for the vote of confidence!!! :hugs:

Posted · Report post  

1 minute ago, RiverLight said:

I suppose I need this reminder -- thank you! It's just SO frustrating. Especially when you put all the work and effort into these things and then don't get the job for one reason or another. But thank you for the vote of confidence!!! :hugs:

Yeah, the application process can definitely be a pain. Just keep in mind that if you're good it's to your benefit, it'll wash out all the people who are only talk, beats competing with 500 other people ;-)

Posted · Report post  

3 hours ago, RiverLight said:

I just returned from the holiday --- OMG, I had the most AMAZING time at this concert NYE. Me and my new boyfriend dressed up in costumes, with glitter and glow sticks and went all out. Wish we had gotten some good pics of us, but we were too busy dancing and having fun. The show was incredible. Four bands, all covering the Grateful Dead, Pink Floyd, Talking Heads and Phish! And then some!!! But it was BITTER cold outside. BRRRR. Below zero after midnight!!!

Now it's back to reality. Interviews, work and real life. YUCK.

Glad you had a nice time, best of luck on your interview