Happy New Year!

JkBrauer

Happy New Year To You All,

I hope you all had a very Merry Christmas last week and you are having a Happy and safe New Year Weekend! 

Does anyone have any fun holiday traditions for "New Years Day?".... My husband, his birthday is New Years eve day. We usually spend the night playing games with friends and bringing in the New Year (if we can make it that late,haha!)

Happy new year to you as well. I hope 2018 will be the year where I and you guys start feeling much better. It has been 5 long years for me personally, but I am hoping 2018 will be the year, where I take my life back. I want to be able to feel good about myself again, I want to be able to feel worthy of a girlfriend again, I want to be able to enjoy life again, and I hope 2018 will be the year, where I finally start to be able to do such things again. I hope you all will feel better as well in the new year to come.

15 hours ago, JkBrauer said:

My husband, his birthday is New Years eve day.

I always wonder what people born on these certain days feel: February 29, December 24, December 25, December 31. February 29 doesn't occur every year, and during the latter two days, it seems like people are more concerned about the following day than taking the time to enjoy life on the day they are actually still in the process of living. If that makes sense. For example, on the 24th, procrastinators spend their time buying presents for the following day, rather than enjoying the 24th for what it is. And whilst people born on Christmas Day celebrate their birthdays, everyone else is celebrating something else. Idk, I think I'd feel ignored, or something.  

12 hours ago, GoldenOne said:

I want to be able to feel worthy of a girlfriend again

I second this. I want to work on this as well. It's been too long, for me. The worst part is, I still have to see one of my exes, having moved on and been in at least three relationships since being with me. Her current boyfriend is one of my managers at work, and I have to pretend everything is cool.