Sign in to follow this  
anxiousE

I most likely have ADD

Just got back from the therapist and a drive home with my Dad (who probably also has it. Hasn't really suffered from it, but he can now relate to me). 

Well, I'm spent!

But as the title says...

so, I'll be back. :)

G'nite!

6 hours ago, BoringWesley said:

Learning to manage ADD/ADHD is a long process with many ups and downs. But you took the right first step by seeing a professional. Good luck on your journey. 

Thank you!

Yeah, it sure is! So as of now, they are exclusively focusing/treating just my anxiety. Ugh! It's frustrating when you want to get to work on something right away and you've got something else getting in the way. And I'm pretty confident I'm not on exactly the right path just yet, but have to patiently wait this out until something happens. Ugh!

Edited by anxiousE

i would recommend clearing your mind of personal opinions when working with P-docs. With their experience they have probably treated thousands of patients like yourself and are seasoned in how to get you on the right path.

the one thing I strongly recommend is being 100% completely honest with them. You benefit 0% of the time by withholding information from them.Have a drinking problem? Disclose it. You are a sex addict? Disclose it. You’ve experimented with Drugs? Disclose it. Don’t forget that you are protected by Dr/patient confidentiality and every detail you provide will help them get closer to the root cause of your issue.

On 1/1/2018 at 0:53 AM, BoringWesley said:

i would recommend clearing your mind of personal opinions when working with P-docs. With their experience they have probably treated thousands of patients like yourself and are seasoned in how to get you on the right path.

the one thing I strongly recommend is being 100% completely honest with them. You benefit 0% of the time by withholding information from them.Have a drinking problem? Disclose it. You are a sex addict? Disclose it. You’ve experimented with Drugs? Disclose it. Don’t forget that you are protected by Dr/patient confidentiality and every detail you provide will help them get closer to the root cause of your issue.

Haha i have kinda, but i have also been doing my homework. I did take you advice and just disclosed everything, but my research helped me to get an idea of just what to disclose. My suspicion was right (bipolar2, not ADHD, or not solely adhd), i got my diagnosis based on drug reactions/history, but still have to wait this out to see if I missed anything and that the new medication continues to be helpful. *fingers crossed

Edited by anxiousE