Sign in to follow this  
Katie Williams

last resort

soo to be honest im not really sure how this works but any kinda advice would be amazing.. I'm 20 years old, been on and off antidepressants since i was 15/16, ex self harmer, over dosed twice. im pretty lost and past caring, i was in an extremely abusive relationship a year ago which ended very very badly, i dont think i ever had closure or ever will, i've drifted from all my friends theyre at unis far away im pretty alone and i feel myself getting worse and worse everyday i dont know what to do anymore

@Katie Williams  I agree with Diego, come here and talk. DF really has helped me. Talking to people who can understand what we are going through is easier, they can understand. I have committed, self harmed, seeing therapist, but talking to people like us here has helped me a lot. When things gets bumped up, I come here, venting and make conversation with people in here. When I talk to people in here, I feel better. 

Sometimes when I cannot make any conversation in here, I go to Watercooler section and vent. It helps me.

I agree with Diego, online support could be good, it is for me.  

Edited by Camellia

hi, sorry to hear that you are going through this right now.

I just wanted to say that in points of my life I lost touch with my friends, and was in a situation where they were off in university and I was just doing nothing.

Some things that helped me during those times was finding or rediscovering interests and hobbies relating to things I like, or always wanted to do, for me they included a lot of creative expression in forms of art, music and drama. A second thing was following a decent healthy diet.

The last thing, which took me several years to do was to take the step into going to College. For a long time it was either too scary, too uncertain, or too difficult for me to do. However, since this year I finally committed to doing it and I am much better for it. It has provided me with structure and objectives (homework), and it allows you to be around and interact with people and often times it is a very friendly environment.

I guess just thinking about the things you always wanted to do, even if it is silly or difficult - taking steps in that direction always seems right to me.

*Also exploring and finding counseling or mental health professionals or groups. Sometimes it takes a bit of exploring as there are different types of counselors and treatments such as talk therapy, or medication, or group therapy

I hope things look up !

Edited by zzzsheepyzzz