Starting Venlafaxine

Hi I’m new here.  I am on day two of taking 75 mg of Venlafaxine, on day 7 I will be doubling it (per psychiatrist).  I have taken it in the mornings after some food but I have found it is making me super fatigued/tired hard to stay awake.  Does anyone else take this at night and feel it is better to take then? I am being gentle on myself as I have been on aropax/loxamine for the past 13 years and most of that time my depression has been relatively controlled.  The past 3 weeks have been really hard so I am now seeing a psychiatrist who has changed my meds and also got me to take 2 months off work (I feel extremely burnt out from work/being a mum and wife and have been burning the candles at both ends.  Depression runs in my family so I really want to get on top of this.   So now is time for me to look after me and get myself right 😊

I've been on Effexor for about ten years now, and have taken it in the evening before.  The problem for me was that when I took meds in the evening, I would feel them wearing off in the afternoon.  So now I am back to taking them all in the morning with coffee.  Effexor makes me tired too, but some people it supposedly energizes (according to my psychiatrist).

Thank you for replying, I’m in Nz and the last pill I took was about 7.00am Sunday morning, it’s now 2.00pm Monday afternoon and so far I haven’t noticed the effect in delaying today’s pill, it will be interesting to see how I respond by changing it to night.  First couple of days it knocked me out so I’m hoping I get a great nights sleep!!