Advertisement
  • Announcements

• Lindsay

Donate Now   11/12/2017

Depression Forums has no real advertising help and no corporate sponsors. We depend on the support from our readers and especially our members. Your Donations would help DF to continue to stay on the internet and is greatly appreciated. Give the gift that keeps on giving. Donate Now  
Sign in to follow this  
Flobee1kenobi

Seeing a doctor tomorrow

7 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post  

Advertisement

Hopefully he can point me in the right direction. Any direction but the one im headed in has got to help, because I know where im headed, and its not a good place. Just doing everything I can right now to feel numb, because numb is better that what i have been feeling. 

The best way I can describe it- you know that commercial for the bladder medication, where the animated bladder keeps grabbing the lady and dragging her away from things she enjoys? Replace that bladder with a black hole. "No, dont do that, just stay in bed and watch tv." 

Feeling completely alone, but dont want to be around people. 

Edited by Flobee1kenobi

You might also be interested in:

Posted · Report post  

Doc put me on celexa and told me to look into counciling.  Insurance rules dont let him send me to one, so I have to look into that myself. We'll see what happens with celexa.....

Posted · Report post  

20 hours ago, Flobee1kenobi said:
Advertisement

Hopefully he can point me in the right direction. Any direction but the one im headed in has got to help, because I know where im headed, and its not a good place. Just doing everything I can right now to feel numb, because numb is better that what i have been feeling. 

The best way I can describe it- you know that commercial for the bladder medication, where the animated bladder keeps grabbing the lady and dragging her away from things she enjoys? Replace that bladder with a black hole. "No, dont do that, just stay in bed and watch tv." 

Feeling completely alone, but dont want to be around people. 

You're not alone.  And I hope your doctor helps you.  I'm going through the same thing, depression just sucks the life, joy, friends, ambition, it takes everything and everyone away.  It's unrelenting.

Posted · Report post  

I’m so sorry to hear what you’re going through, friend. I think it’s best get professional help without delay. I know it’s not easy to go through depression, but don’t let the negative feelings control you. Life can be stressful and overwhelming at times. Please know that you’re not alone. You can always come here to share. I hope you’ll feel better soon. Stay strong!

Posted (edited) · Report post  

I have been on 10mg for the first week, monday I move up to 20. No real groundbreaking news so far, probably still too early.

I have noticed a very small change, I am, for the most part, able to stay out of my own head. Before, I would start getting negative thoughts, and it just stayed with me most of the day. Now I can tell myself "Just stop it, you're overthinking everything" and those feelings go away pretty quickly.

I guess thats sort of a victory.

Still have a really pessimistic view of pretty much everybody and everything, but I have been trying to distract myself with meditation and listening to music to block out the world for a while.

I dont really mean to keep bumping this post, it has just been my way of documenting my progress.

Edited by Flobee1kenobi

Posted · Report post  

It is a first line treatment and many have had positive experiences, but if it doesn't there are many more options so try not to get discouraged.