Sign in to follow this  
Bhorout

hospital as a depression generator

few weeks ago i fell down on stairs and broke among others two ribs. but when i was in hospital the people, the nurses, the whole atmosphere started to influence my depression terribly, so that i demanded to be let out in just few days. but now i feel like my depression recovery, which was after two years quite good, is a several notches down and will have to be achieved again.  did anyone had similar reaction and if, how long did it take to recover. thx

I often find hospitals depressing, the clinical nature of them and the fact people are sick is of course saddening to many people. But you should remember the amount of amazing things that happen there every single day. Babies are born, lives are saved, and suffering is healed. There is always a ying and a yang to everything, good and bad. You've only seen or focused on the bad at your stay there, but I'm sure there was someone who smiled at you, someone who had a good thing to say? 

You're out now and you can focus on your life again. Stay healthy by exercising once your ribs recover, eat healthier so you feel good physically, and indulge in things you like doing every day, and if they are productive things all the better.