Depression and Fatigue

RobNC

I'm tired all the time; all I want to do is lie down.  I don't know if it is depression causing this.  I have been diagnosed with mild apnea and I have the cpap, but it doesn't help me, in fact I think it causes micro-arousals.  I did lose weight a couple of years ago so that may have effected the therapy.  But I'm looking into other things now, like depression.  I do know I am depressed; I have taken questionnaires multiple times, online at at a doc's office.  I usually come out in the severe category.  I am suicidal, but only because I'm so tired and my life has fallen apart because of it.   

Edited by RobNC

Your tired of your life? and you're suicidal because of that? It's good that you joined forum like this. We understand each other. If you're very suicidal, you can talk to hotline. For the physical illness, besides the medication, the patient support people in the hospital can help you. I hope you feel better soon, at least a bit of it. 

Depression can certainly cause fatigue.  

It might be worth talking to your doc.  There's a lot of things that can cause fatigue, I know a lot can be ruled out with some simple blood tests.  My wife and I are both struggling with stuff that causes fatigue (besides depression for me) and we didn't learn about them till early this year.

17 hours ago, Camellia said:

Your tired of your life? and you're suicidal because of that? It's good that you joined forum like this. We understand each other. If you're very suicidal, you can talk to hotline. For the physical illness, besides the medication, the patient support people in the hospital can help you. I hope you feel better soon, at least a bit of it. 

I'm tired because I have a condition that interrupts my sleep all night long.  I've called a hotline before; I was threatened with a police visit.   Thanks for the response though.

Edited by RobNC

Sounds like you have a few things going on, but I want to focus on the CPAP and sleep for a minute since I know a lot about that. Have you had another sleep study since your weight loss? You said that your machine isn't helping - can you say a little more, like what are your nights like?

Any change in weight, medication, the diagnosis of a new illness, etc...can affect your sleep and the pressure on your CPAP so it's really important to keep regular appointments with your sleep doctor/center. The depression can definitely be a separate issue, but not getting enough sleep - and esp. because you are experiencing episodes of apnea - can absolutely contribute to it.  Since you said you are feeling suicidal *because* your life is so affected because you are tired all the time, it might be a good idea for you to go to the root cause - the lack of sleep - and start with fixing that.  What do you think?

Getting a good night's sleep can make a huge difference in our health overall.  I hope you can start to get one really soon!

19 hours ago, museumgirl said:

Have you considered getting a sleep study at a sleeping clinic? You stay overnight and they monitor your REM and non-REM sleep. I've done it and it's not painful or anything. Could be helpful. 

Take care x

I can't fall asleep in strange places.  I did home study.  

19 hours ago, rhyl said:

Sounds like you have a few things going on, but I want to focus on the CPAP and sleep for a minute since I know a lot about that. Have you had another sleep study since your weight loss? You said that your machine isn't helping - can you say a little more, like what are your nights like?

Any change in weight, medication, the diagnosis of a new illness, etc...can affect your sleep and the pressure on your CPAP so it's really important to keep regular appointments with your sleep doctor/center. The depression can definitely be a separate issue, but not getting enough sleep - and esp. because you are experiencing episodes of apnea - can absolutely contribute to it.  Since you said you are feeling suicidal *because* your life is so affected because you are tired all the time, it might be a good idea for you to go to the root cause - the lack of sleep - and start with fixing that.  What do you think?

Getting a good night's sleep can make a huge difference in our health overall.  I hope you can start to get one really soon!

I'm done with doctors.  After my diagnosis the pressure on my cpap was programmed almost as wide as they could, as if they didn't know what to do with it.  Now I am broke, jobless, and soon, homeless.  It would be cruel to make myself endure anymore of this fatiguing misery.  Suicide is kindness.

On 10/24/2017 at 7:56 AM, RobNC said:

I'm tired because I have a condition that interrupts my sleep all night long.  I've called a hotline before; I was threatened with a police visit.   Thanks for the response though.

@RobNC    Omg. I wish they were more understanding when suicidal people call them. Maybe that officer need to understand what to say instead of threatening you like that. I fully understand if you don't want to call them anymore.  

Edited by Camellia

It sounds like a lot of pressure, a lot of things to deal with at once, but it sounds like you have an idea as to your direction and how to proceed; right?!  You are important, you deserve a life, one filled with more joy than not, continue to receive help, get better!  You are loved, by strangers (me) and I’m sure, people around you and even if you aren’t aware of it, but you are making an impact on a great many lives!  Don’t give up, don’t give in to suicide…you have so much to offer, keep talking, do whatever it is you need to do in order to take the next step!

I have never been in your shoes, that severe, I have considered suicide, as a child and as an adult…as a child was a more serious effort than later on in life.  My home life was dysfunctional and included an abusive and alcoholic parent.  But I persevered, I clung to friends and family friends to help, find those people, seek them out and allow them to help you..there’s so much more to life, don’t give up!!!

On 10/25/2017 at 3:00 AM, Camellia said:

@RobNC    Omg. I wish they were more understanding when suicidal people call them. Maybe that officer need to understand what to say instead of threatening you like that. I fully understand if you don't want to call them anymore.  

thanks

2 hours ago, ayoung73 said:

It sounds like a lot of pressure, a lot of things to deal with at once, but it sounds like you have an idea as to your direction and how to proceed; right?!  You are important, you deserve a life, one filled with more joy than not, continue to receive help, get better!  You are loved, by strangers (me) and I’m sure, people around you and even if you aren’t aware of it, but you are making an impact on a great many lives!  Don’t give up, don’t give in to suicide…you have so much to offer, keep talking, do whatever it is you need to do in order to take the next step!

I have never been in your shoes, that severe, I have considered suicide, as a child and as an adult…as a child was a more serious effort than later on in life.  My home life was dysfunctional and included an abusive and alcoholic parent.  But I persevered, I clung to friends and family friends to help, find those people, seek them out and allow them to help you..there’s so much more to life, don’t give up!!!

All I want is to sleep like a normal person, to wake up feeling refreshed and rested.  But that's the one thing that's denied to me.  I don't find life worth living if I have to face it so tired.  

• 2 weeks later...