Advertisement
  • Announcements

• Lindsay

A Reminder that we are a PG13 Site   12/09/2016

Please keep in mind that NO content can be posted that is not PG13!  No sexual content and definitely not images which is not permitted in a post! We will delete it.  Not even memes or humorous images should be posted, if you want these forums to continue. NO IMAGES! If you want to post an image, post the URL pointing it to your gallery.  Again, Depressionforums.org is PG13!! Thank you~ ~Forum Admin  
Molly Yllom

I feel like it's impossible to change.

3 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post  

Advertisement

I feel so empty that I cant feel pain nor pleasure, even the emptiness itself doesn't even bother me. Practicing mindfulness months back helped me quite a bit but with severe anheondia I feel like I don't have freewill left. Does anyone have advice?

You might also be interested in:

Posted · Report post  

Hi Molly Yllom and welcome to the Forums,

I am so sorry you are suffering from severe anhedonia.  What a terrible and brutal illness it is.  Are you receiving any medical care for the illness?   You mention mindfulness, are in the care of a therapist?  Your life is too important to be burdened with anhedonia.  Although none of us here are physicians or medical professionals, we are fellow sufferers.  Hopefully you will find this site as helpful to you as it has been to me.  Even though I receive medical care for my depression, I feel that there is a real need for communicating with people going through the same or similar things as myself.  Several members here suffer from severe anhedonia so I hope you will receive some really helpful responses to your poignant post.  It is heartbreaking that you are suffering so!!!  - epictetus

Posted · Report post  

Sometimes change can feel impossible for me as well. Sometimes changing my surroundings or being around positive people helps me feel better. I’m sorry if I couldn’t help. Sometimes watching TV, YouTube videos, or listening to music helps me to escape from my problems. So you can always use distraction to help yourself feel better.