Advertisement
  • Announcements

• Lindsay

A Reminder that we are a PG13 Site   12/09/2016

Please keep in mind that NO content can be posted that is not PG13!  No sexual content and definitely not images which is not permitted in a post! We will delete it.  Not even memes or humorous images should be posted, if you want these forums to continue. NO IMAGES! If you want to post an image, post the URL pointing it to your gallery.  Again, Depressionforums.org is PG13!! Thank you~ ~Forum Admin  
JMS25

The infinite drop

5 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post  

Advertisement

So it's 4:44 as I look at the clock, and I don't think I've ever felt lower, though having felt so low for so long it's hard to really say. I'm unsure why I felt the need to put this online but I'm just so lost and I don't know how to make this go away. The reasons for the feeling are so numerous I don't know where to begin; my best friends suicide, the many times I've let people down, the constant messing things up, having a young son who I can't be strong for, family and friends I want to communicate with but whenever I try a pit of anxiety fills up to the point where I can't even think straight. It just feels like an infinite drop, like falling down a bottomless well, and to try and grab onto something is to invite failure and to finally hit the floor is to suffer pain. I'm constantly in a zone of helplessness and it's so excruciating. I feel alone in my own body. I then think about the billions of other people who have it worse, people in warzones or true poverty or in terrible health and I tell myself my life is so much better than others but I just think if my own woes have me feeling like this imagine how bad others feel. I feel like there's so little happiness in the world, and that it is just so unattainable. Even if my life improves, so many others are suffering. But I need to be strong for my son but I try and try and I constantly fail. This beautiful little boy who I brought into a world of so much cruelty. I don't know what to do. I can barely get out of bed, I don't sleep, I feel like I'm floating through a life I don't belong in, feeling without feeling, just a constant aching numbness as I fall deeper and deeper, waiting for the impact. Does anyone even know what I'm saying? I remember reading a guys description of depression and it resonated with me so much. He said it's like being in a warm bath, and somebody takes out the plug, and the bath empties, but you stay in it, cold, shivering and naked to the world. I don't know if I could ever put my feeling into such eloquence but I guess I've tried. I guess I need to know what I'm feeling has an end, and that the end is not the dull thud at the bottom of the well. I need to feel better for my boy, but I can't even think in what direction my first step should be. I am beyond lost. I feel like a grain of sand on the ocean floor, so insignificant and under an infinite crushing weight, how can I ever reach the surface?

You might also be interested in:

Posted · Report post  

@JMS25, I am so sorry your going through such a horrible time. Even though it’s so incredibly hard right now, I’m glad you shared it here. I also suffer from similar pain, the over-dose of my father & six months later my baby brother, he was everything to me. It has left me all alone and forever changed me in every inch of my being. And I too have a young daughter, she is the sole purpose that guides me every single day. I feel your heavy heart & the weight your carrying. So I want to ask if you’ve ever talked to a Dr about this? I can’t give the best advice, I’m in this too. But I can say to try... call your Dr, see what they suggest. If you don’t find answers there, call a different until you do! There is help. That’s what I did.. and slowly, very slowly i feel like we can do this. We are strong mamas D***it .. we can do this! Please keep fighting w me! 

Posted · Report post  

8 hours ago, JMS25 said:
Advertisement

So it's 4:44 as I look at the clock, and I don't think I've ever felt lower, though having felt so low for so long it's hard to really say. I'm unsure why I felt the need to put this online but I'm just so lost and I don't know how to make this go away. The reasons for the feeling are so numerous I don't know where to begin; my best friends suicide, the many times I've let people down, the constant messing things up, having a young son who I can't be strong for, family and friends I want to communicate with but whenever I try a pit of anxiety fills up to the point where I can't even think straight. It just feels like an infinite drop, like falling down a bottomless well, and to try and grab onto something is to invite failure and to finally hit the floor is to suffer pain. I'm constantly in a zone of helplessness and it's so excruciating. I feel alone in my own body. I then think about the billions of other people who have it worse, people in warzones or true poverty or in terrible health and I tell myself my life is so much better than others but I just think if my own woes have me feeling like this imagine how bad others feel. I feel like there's so little happiness in the world, and that it is just so unattainable. Even if my life improves, so many others are suffering. But I need to be strong for my son but I try and try and I constantly fail. This beautiful little boy who I brought into a world of so much cruelty. I don't know what to do. I can barely get out of bed, I don't sleep, I feel like I'm floating through a life I don't belong in, feeling without feeling, just a constant aching numbness as I fall deeper and deeper, waiting for the impact. Does anyone even know what I'm saying? I remember reading a guys description of depression and it resonated with me so much. He said it's like being in a warm bath, and somebody takes out the plug, and the bath empties, but you stay in it, cold, shivering and naked to the world. I don't know if I could ever put my feeling into such eloquence but I guess I've tried. I guess I need to know what I'm feeling has an end, and that the end is not the dull thud at the bottom of the well. I need to feel better for my boy, but I can't even think in what direction my first step should be. I am beyond lost. I feel like a grain of sand on the ocean floor, so insignificant and under an infinite crushing weight, how can I ever reach the surface?

I hear you, JMS25. I could have written this myself. I am so sorry you are suffering like this😞 I wish I had some sage advice to offer, but I am in free fall my ode myself.

I hope you find a way to arrest your descent. I know I've been trying to stop my own for all of my life...

((((Hugs))))

Posted · Report post  

@JMS25, So sorry for your pain.  Yes we have all experienced this. Depression is a terrible pit trying to swallow us up.  I have suffered with it on and off  since I was a teenager.  I don't know if this will help but it has helped me.  I have a lot of suicide in my family and a lot of dysfunction.  As I got older it all got to me.  I had to learn coping mechanisms. I started reading self help books and learned that a lot of our unhappiness comes from unmet expectations.  I read Rethink How You Think by Dr. David Stoop.  I learned that Yes Life is Hard! Bad things happen. This world is a terrible place sometimes (but if you look at history it always has been). People are going to let us down.  People are going to die.  I learned that it's not so much those things that create our unhappiness or depression.  It's how we think about them that creates our depression.  I also had to tell myself that this will be a lifelong battle.  Acknowledging that and accepting it has helped me to be proactive.  I continue to read books and challenge myself to learn new things. I have been doing really well the last couple years, with just brief episodes.   If you haven't done so already, talk to a dr. about this. I hope you feel better and get the help you need. 

Posted · Report post  

On 10/16/2017 at 11:56 PM, JMS25 said:
Advertisement

How are you feeling?