Advertisement
  • Announcements

• Lindsay

A Reminder that we are a PG13 Site   12/09/2016

Please keep in mind that NO content can be posted that is not PG13!  No sexual content and definitely not images which is not permitted in a post! We will delete it.  Not even memes or humorous images should be posted, if you want these forums to continue. NO IMAGES! If you want to post an image, post the URL pointing it to your gallery.  Again, Depressionforums.org is PG13!! Thank you~ ~Forum Admin  
Sign in to follow this  
George22

I don't know what to do anymore.

4 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post  

Advertisement

Hello everyone my name od George and I'm having a very rough life lately. Okay, i should start with saying that my whole life has always been stressful: bullying, bad grades, social anxiety, OCD, depression, etc.... But lately im having a problem with my Younger Brother who is 20 currently a year ago he had a heart attack which was a very stresful period for me and my parents and evergreen since then my anxiety and depression got worse im currently Being treated but its not much od a help my Main problem is my Brother he was Always a bit of aggressive person more verbally then physicaly but nontheless  a couple od months ago he was caught shoplifting as well as 10 years ago when he was just a kid  and he was very aggressive towards a policemen then je gets very frustrated and angry if you say something wrong or something my relationship with him isnt that bad bor does he do anything bas to me but im very concerned for my family and him theres Always shouting when hes home he never comes home at time je stays late smokes cigarettes despite he shouldnt cause je had a heart attack doesnt Listen is very impulsive and irresponsible and i think i might ne getting really paranoid because i think he might either hurt me or my family and to me has a lot of ASPD or psychopathic symptoms but i might be delusional. My mother Always does her best to disciplina him but my father is very passive and je doesnt sebe much od a problem. Now i jave an opportunity to leave a country Soon but im afraid what Will happen to them if i leave and i tried helping my Brother but je stays yeah yeah and does his own way shouldnt i cut my ties to him? I font know is this normal or am i just top paranoid and one more thing is that my mother smoked cigarettes during jer pregnancy and i have seen that materijal smoking could increase the risk of antisocial personality disorder. Help please! Thank you in andvance.

You might also be interested in:

Posted · Report post  

Your brother isn't your responsibility, it's admirable that you want to help fix the situation but there's only so much you can do, if he's unwilling to listen then it's on him. I wouldn't cut ties altogether since he's still family but it may be a good idea to distance yourself from him so he doesn't end up dragging you down emotionally. Could be a lot of things, BPD is also a diagnosis that often results in acting out and addictive behavior, particularly in men. No matter what his diagnosis he needs professional help, it's not something you or your parents can provide. Perhaps he needs to really hit rock bottom to realize he can't go on like this. For most this would have been a heart attack but maybe it'll take more... 

Posted · Report post  

Thank you lonelyforeigner for your time to respond, I'm sorry i wasn't able to reply to you earlier i was busy. I completely agree with your response, thanks once again.:)

Posted · Report post  

Thanks for sharing. I know that opening up about family issues can be difficult and embarrassing. It seems to me like you're carrying a very heavy burden. I know you love your brother and your family, but, remember, as much as we might love someone, we can't solve every problem in their life. Have you considered getting any counseling? It really helps to talk family dynamics out with a trained counselor. They can help you get perspective.