Advertisement
  • Announcements

• Lindsay

A Reminder that we are a PG13 Site   12/09/2016

Please keep in mind that NO content can be posted that is not PG13!  No sexual content and definitely not images which is not permitted in a post! We will delete it.  Not even memes or humorous images should be posted, if you want these forums to continue. NO IMAGES! If you want to post an image, post the URL pointing it to your gallery.  Again, Depressionforums.org is PG13!! Thank you~ ~Forum Admin  
Georgiabelle

Feeling i might be a little to old for this group . I haven't gotten any communication with you all.

24 posts in this topic

You might also be interested in:

Posted · Report post  

Hi Georgiabelle, i've just registered. I thought twice about registering thinking i may be a little old for other members.

Posted (edited) · Report post  

4 minutes ago, Ms Purslane said:

Hi Georgiabelle, i've just registered. I thought twice about registering thinking i may be a little old for other members.

"I'm on the hunt for who i've not yet become".

Edited by Ms Purslane

Posted · Report post  

You are both most certainly welcome here! As lf pointed out, sometimes it takes a while for people to respond. It is in no way personal! I know on my worst days (and there are many) it takes monumental effort just to click on the links sometimes. 

Posted · Report post  

Thank you all, i feel very welcome here and hope to make this my safe place. Age is only numbers really and understanding doesn't have a use by date.

Posted · Report post  

Its possibly the forum you selected. I just saw your post now and I think traffic here would be much less than others as it has discussions about a medication. Im 44 and as 20years said there are def people here their 50s and 60s. 

Welcome to df i hope to see more posts from you!!!

Posted · Report post  

7 hours ago, JD4010 said:

I'm 57 myself. Which undoubtedly puts me up in the rafters for age around here. :)

Another boomer here. I had the same concern when I joined, but no worries. On responding, there are some days I get too anxious to even walk past my computer. I am so glad I found Depression Forums. I had looked at something called "7 cups of tea" and chose this place instead.  

Posted · Report post  

Welcome to the forums!

I'm 15, and I honestly haven't seen many people my age on here.  I actually think I'm a little too young for you all sometimes, heh. Age has nothing to do with it, and I know some of the people here are much older than I am.

It can be a little slow here sometimes.

Posted · Report post  

Turning 20 today (Monday that is), what a coincidence that I found this right now.

Anyway, I found that age generally doesn't really matter here, I mean, it's not like depression and such is really bound by age, well, I guess I never heard of any 2-year-olds being depressed, but hey.

I've long felt disconnected from my own age group, I was better at talking to adults than I was talking to my own age group, but then, I got some friends who're also autistic and of a similar mindset, sadly, they're busy with university now, and I'm just spending my days... well... being depressed mostly.

Hope you don't mind me rambling off... :idea3:.... updated my signature to something a little more appropriate...:shifty3:

Posted · Report post  

On 10/14/2017 at 5:13 AM, Georgiabelle said:

Feeling to old for this group. I have had no response. 

Hi, I'm here!  I just saw your post.  You can always direct message me on here if you like... Of course you're not too old!  Hey come on, it may take us awhile but we get around to everyone - but you gotta hang in there with us,okay?  Take care.  talk soon hon.  :)

Posted · Report post  

1 hour ago, PraiseBrownies said:

Welcome to the forums!

I'm 15, and I honestly haven't seen many people my age on here.  I actually think I'm a little too young for you all sometimes, heh. Age has nothing to do with it, and I know some of the people here are much older than I am.

It can be a little slow here sometimes.

Actually a lot of teens post on here, it's just some don't come back to see we're replied and care (about them), and care about you too!  (((hugs)))

Posted · Report post  

A lot of it depends on where the original message has been posted. Some people only check out certain "rooms" in this place. I have been guilty of that myself. I look at the 'hot topics" box next to the main discussion and see interesting thread titles. That's how I wound up in this one!

Posted · Report post  

HI! I am also new here and have never posted or commented. Just like to read through the threads and see if anyone is experiencing the same things as me and also reading how everyone deals with their meds. I'm glad to see people are currently on here cuz so far I've only seen old posts! Glad to be here. Glad you posted!

Posted · Report post  

1 hour ago, ohevyisrael said:

HI! I am also new here and have never posted or commented. Just like to read through the threads and see if anyone is experiencing the same things as me and also reading how everyone deals with their meds. I'm glad to see people are currently on here cuz so far I've only seen old posts! Glad to be here. Glad you posted!

We're here!   Happy you posted :)

Posted · Report post  

On 10/15/2017 at 1:30 PM, JD4010 said:

I'm 57 myself. Which undoubtedly puts me up in the rafters for age around here. :)

Best spots are up in the rafters! :)