A New Look Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
MaxIsSocallyAwkward

I'm Not Gay But My Boyfriend Is....

Yes I think people are attracted to the hormones of the other person.  I'm a very open minded person as well but don't count on everyone being completely open minded about this subject.

2 hours ago, sober4life said:

Yes I think people are attracted to the hormones of the other person. 

Very good point! While pheromones aren't as important to humans as they are to animals they most likely still play an important role when deciding who is right for us.

On 10/22/2017 at 2:27 AM, Nisemono said:

Heterosexual men are attracted to women with said dangly bits, so homosexual men will be attracted to men without said dangly bits. 

Huh? While I'm sure some don't mind I would think that the majority would not be OK with it. I'd personally have no problems being friends with someone who's transgender but I wouldn't be comfortable in a relationship. I would think that in order for that to work the partner would have to be at least a little bit bi-curious.

Anyway, I definitely wouldn't worry about self-harm scars, that's a minor issue. As far as your genitals go, does he know? If so then he's most likely OK with it or he would have broken things off already. Not really anything you can do anyway, either he's attracted to you or not. 

Sexual attraction is very complex and so strictly personal I'm not even sure similar situations are really that relevant. But why not share.

A couple of years ago I met a MTF transgender woman I was attracted to - a realization since I never questioned whether my heterosexual preferences were only for AFAB women.

She presented and identified as (heterosexual) female, I was attracted to her femininity. We dated, had a full relationship.

I don't know if she self harmed. She had obvious scars from gender affirming surgery that she felt self conscious about. Both of us wanted the other to feel comfortable and secure so we took physical intimacy pretty slowly, checked in with each other. At first, she left some clothing on during sex until we had established some trust with intimacy. This worked pretty well for us. I don't know, how do these ideas sound to you?

Do you know yet if your boyfriend has romantic feelings for you, sexual or both?

I don't really consider this advice, just a written(or typed) thought on my part I guess, maybe he Will be attracted to it. You can tell how someone thinks by what the say and what they do. But you'll always know how someone thinks and feels about you by how they feel and it proves itself sometimes.