Advertisement
  • Announcements

• Lindsay

A Reminder that we are a PG13 Site   12/09/2016

Please keep in mind that NO content can be posted that is not PG13!  No sexual content and definitely not images which is not permitted in a post! We will delete it.  Not even memes or humorous images should be posted, if you want these forums to continue. NO IMAGES! If you want to post an image, post the URL pointing it to your gallery.  Again, Depressionforums.org is PG13!! Thank you~ ~Forum Admin  
Sign in to follow this  
MaddieLouise

Cymbalta Success Stories

90 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post  

I decided to bump this thread as I noticed there wasnt much success stories about Cymbalta and it would be very encouraging to hear about those for whom it is working.

I am on my 2nd cymbalta (day 3) since I take it every 2 days just for a week or so to try to lessen the side effects. Yesterday I felt like crap for awhile but took my klonopin and finally felt a bit better and slept like a baby which I needed.

I took my second pill this morning and half of .5 of klonopin and right now I'm feeling more mellow. I dont feel as light headed as the first time I took it 2 days ago. Just more of a calm feeling even if my anxiety symptom is not completely gone but better but eh its only been the second time and I cant ask for too much. Just glad my anticipation of taking it was wrong. I was scared as hell because of all the negatives I was reading. Thats why I decided to bump this thread.

It would be REALLY cool to hear people for whom cymbalta is working. Its encouraging and it gives hope. And we sure need it specially at the beginning of the treatment.

So, anyone want to pinch in for a little moral support to others? :hearts:

ML

Joyce

You might also be interested in:

Posted · Report post  

I decided to bump this thread as I noticed there wasnt much success stories about Cymbalta and it would be very encouraging to hear about those for whom it is working.

I am on my 2nd cymbalta (day 3) since I take it every 2 days just for a week or so to try to lessen the side effects. Yesterday I felt like crap for awhile but took my klonopin and finally felt a bit better and slept like a baby which I needed.

I took my second pill this morning and half of .5 of klonopin and right now I'm feeling more mellow. I dont feel as light headed as the first time I took it 2 days ago. Just more of a calm feeling even if my anxiety symptom is not completely gone but better but eh its only been the second time and I cant ask for too much. Just glad my anticipation of taking it was wrong. I was scared as hell because of all the negatives I was reading. Thats why I decided to bump this thread.

It would be REALLY cool to hear people for whom cymbalta is working. Its encouraging and it gives hope. And we sure need it specially at the beginning of the treatment.

So, anyone want to pinch in for a little moral support to others? :flowers:

ML

Joyce

Hey Joyce,

I've been on Cymblata now for almost 2 months and I would have to say it's def helped with my anxiety. I've come into situations where the old me would have had a major attack but now I don't. So I guess it is helping. It wasn't really helping me with the racing thoughts, obsessions and the depression but as of last week I was precribed Seroquel, so now I can't tell which is helping what but I'm slowly starting to feel better. Not 100% or where I want to be, but hopefully (fingers crossed) I'll be there soon. So I'm not sure if it's a sucess story or not quite yet, but at least I'm not feeling any side effects what so ever! Which is awesome cause they were hell in the begining!!!

:hearts:

Tink

Posted · Report post  

ML

Joyce

Hey Joyce,

I've been on Cymblata now for almost 2 months and I would have to say it's def helped with my anxiety. I've come into situations where the old me would have had a major attack but now I don't. So I guess it is helping. It wasn't really helping me with the racing thoughts, obsessions and the depression but as of last week I was precribed Seroquel, so now I can't tell which is helping what but I'm slowly starting to feel better. Not 100% or where I want to be, but hopefully (fingers crossed) I'll be there soon. So I'm not sure if it's a sucess story or not quite yet, but at least I'm not feeling any side effects what so ever! Which is awesome cause they were hell in the begining!!!

:flowers:

Tink

Thank you Tink :hearts:

I'm happy to see you are improving :hearts:

I tried cymbalta a few months ago and the first time around I couldnt handle the side effects but this time I take it every other day (well this is only the second time) but today I feel mellow not light headed.

Thank you for sharing. That is what I tought we were missing in the cymbalta forum which are success stories.

Anyone else? :hearts:

Posted · Report post  

I have been taking Cymbalta for just over a year now and it has been a great success for me!! My husband is deployed right now and has been gone for 5 months and has 3 months left before he comes back home. I was worried that I would slip back but I have been doing great!! The start up was a little rough and the side effects were not fun but they all went away except for the excessive sweating and being pretty tired. The tired could be from me being the only parent and having to do everything! Anyway, I have had success with Cymbalta!!

Kelly

ML

Joyce

Posted · Report post  

I have been taking Cymbalta for just over a year now and it has been a great success for me!! My husband is deployed right now and has been gone for 5 months and has 3 months left before he comes back home. I was worried that I would slip back but I have been doing great!! The start up was a little rough and the side effects were not fun but they all went away except for the excessive sweating and being pretty tired. The tired could be from me being the only parent and having to do everything! Anyway, I have had success with Cymbalta!!

Kelly

ML

Joyce

Posted · Report post  

I have been using wellbutrin for almost two weeks and am worse off. Got a call in to the doc, want to try Cymbalta. From what I get from others and the Inet, cymbalta is also used for lessening arthritis pain. I have had two arthritis surgeries and perhaps more coming. I was on sertraline for years, got stupid and tried it without it, big mistake. Endured a surgery, then a Biotch of a sinus condition hit which cranked up the tinnituts in left ear to the point of howing. Insomnia, anxiety, depression, the "sweats" -- this wellbutrin just inst getting it. Thanks for being here guys.

Posted · Report post  

Well, the depression is starting to lessen slightly. The anxiety is still there. Going to see about Buspar soon, I have some ativan but with my alchohol past it scares me. Am trying to keep it down to one .5mg every 3 days. I sweat and pace a lot in between.

Posted · Report post  

Wow, I can truly relate to the pacing. I wore a trail in my backyard while getting adjusted to Cymbalta, and it was over 100 degrees out, but it was all I could do! I'm glad to hear that your depression is starting to lift. It did seem long for the anxiety to subside.

Posted · Report post  

Gawd maddie. . . .. I wore a path in the backyard too! hahaha. Being a "seeker for solution", I found something that really helps level me out. It is a foot spa. Yep - - a theraputic foot spa. Its called the Brookstone Foot Spa, available from amazon for about a hundred bucks, which is more expensive than many others but does it ever work. It has the jets like a full size spa that aim right on the toes. It has a heater (which I dont use, I use hot tap water for about 20 min. session), rollers that fit in the bottom to roll the soles of the feet on, and a pumice stone. The reviews said the drain plug will eventually break and there's problems getting replacement parts from the manufacturer. and the drain hole is not perfectly round so a cork doesnt work -- so I dont use it, I lift the device and pour the water out in a sink. I need hot water to get any benefit, not just warm. Its inviigorating and relaxing. Anyway, it really helps me. Need to share with you.

Posted · Report post  

Gawd maddie. . . .. I wore a path in the backyard too! hahaha. Being a "seeker for solution", I found something that really helps level me out. It is a foot spa. Yep - - a theraputic foot spa. Its called the Brookstone Foot Spa, available from amazon for about a hundred bucks, which is more expensive than many others but does it ever work. It has the jets like a full size spa that aim right on the toes. It has a heater (which I dont use, I use hot tap water for about 20 min. session), rollers that fit in the bottom to roll the soles of the feet on, and a pumice stone. The reviews said the drain plug will eventually break and there's problems getting replacement parts from the manufacturer. and the drain hole is not perfectly round so a cork doesnt work -- so I dont use it, I lift the device and pour the water out in a sink. I need hot water to get any benefit, not just warm. Its inviigorating and relaxing. Anyway, it really helps me. Need to share with you.

Sounds fantastic! Don't let other people use it though-you know-the whole foot fungus thing. . .Thanks for sharing

Posted · Report post  

Hit critical mass yesterday -- the sweating and anxiety just would NOT stop, so went back to sertraline. Started it today, my body said "welcome, old friend."

Posted · Report post  

Saw the doc - -- found what for me is the missing ingredient. Its called lamotrigine. Its primarily used for epileptics and manic depressives. Evidently I am Most D with a touch of M/D. It has made a huge difference for me. Its been a hell of a journey, guys.

Posted · Report post  

I am on day 12 of Cymbalta. My Pod moved me pretty quickly from 30mg to 60mg because she thought I was tolerating it well. The first days were terrible! I do not know honestly if it was from the Cymbala, or the tapering down of Viibrid. I have 4 more days on Viibrid 10mg then I am done with that med. Thank goodness! It did nothing for me.

I notice that my head is clearer on the Cymbalta. I am returning to work tomorrow, albeit part time. Still a good sign regardless. The anxiety is still there. It comes out of nowhere, for no reason at all. Pdoc said I can still take ativan if needed, just half a pill at a time (.5). I am also on ambien for sleep. per my pdoc and my therapist I am starting to wean off that as well.

I am hoping to read some more success stories. All of the gloom and doom I have read is downright scary :(.

Posted · Report post  

Third day on Cymbalta and I'm feeling diiferent, in a good way.

I'm having less anxiety and bizarre thoughts/

Posted · Report post  

Moody Blues,

Glad to hear you are tolerating the Cymbalta well. I've been on it six years and it's been great for me!

Tiggerluvr, Try to stay away from all the withdrawal horror stories and instead read the positive threads. I've been very please with the medication.

Sincerely,

MaddieLouise