Advertisement
  • Announcements

• Lindsay

A Reminder that we are a PG13 Site   12/09/2016

Please keep in mind that NO content can be posted that is not PG13!  No sexual content and definitely not images which is not permitted in a post! We will delete it.  Not even memes or humorous images should be posted, if you want these forums to continue. NO IMAGES! If you want to post an image, post the URL pointing it to your gallery.  Again, Depressionforums.org is PG13!! Thank you~ ~Forum Admin  
Sign in to follow this  
morecoffee

Intolerable Memory Loss

5 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post  

Advertisement

I've been on 75 mg Effexor for about 7 months or so, and for the most part it's helped a bit with anxiety and *I think* it's helped with depression. However, my memory is SO bad and I forget normal everyday words and sentence structures. It's really embarrassing and I'm not nearly as funny/witty as I am naturally because it takes me so long to respond to everything and everyone. Though it hasn't seriously impacted my job or marriage, I think it's very slowly chipping away at them since I'm not really being myself and I just seem really brain dead all the time. Can anyone suggest anything to help with this? I don't want to quit Effexor if I don't have to, but this is seriously getting bad.

You might also be interested in:

Posted · Report post  

I am so sorry you are having this unhappy and scary experience.  How awful!  Have you discussed this with the physician who prescribed this medication?  I would be very worried and frankly scared if this happened to me.  What is the possible side effects profile for Effexor?  Could the change in memory function be caused by something other than the Effexor?  Sometimes when one thing follows the other there is not a cause/effect relation, but sometimes there is.  If I was in your shoes I would seek professional medical advice as soon as possible.  Wish I could be more helpful, MoreCoffee! ! !  Please keep us all posted as to how you are doing.  We are worried about you!

Posted · Report post  

Thanks Epictetus for your support. I really do appreciate the kind words and the suggestion to see my doc. I will email her this week and let her know what I'm experiencing.

Posted (edited) · Report post  

Thanks for posting this morecoffee, i've been on effexor for eighteen months now (225mg) and my memory is shocking. I was starting to think it could be more and going to the doctor, i was even thinking about early dementia onset.

Edited by Ms Purslane

Posted · Report post  

I was on Effexsor 300mg for one year then we switched to Cymbalta 120mg.   My memory is also going.  I do not remember things and I forget what I am doing all the time. I also forget faces.  I told my doctors several times but they dismiss it.