Advertisement
  • Announcements

• Lindsay

A Reminder that we are a PG13 Site   12/09/2016

Please keep in mind that NO content can be posted that is not PG13!  No sexual content and definitely not images which is not permitted in a post! We will delete it.  Not even memes or humorous images should be posted, if you want these forums to continue. NO IMAGES! If you want to post an image, post the URL pointing it to your gallery.  Again, Depressionforums.org is PG13!! Thank you~ ~Forum Admin  
Sign in to follow this  
indigoblue

Very Low spirits

2 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post  

Advertisement

I guess that's what depression means for me today, having extremely low spirits, which makes it very hard to just exist never mind confront difficulty. I don't think I've ever been at a place where my spirits have been lower and circumstances more difficult. How does one even go on when you feel like you are on the same level as the ground emotionally and mentally? It then becomes easy to self medicate, to artificially put into oneself what one does not feel naturally. I've been depressed before, I've felt down before, I've had low motivation before, but tonight I'm putting my finger exactly on what is currently ailing me like nothing before and that is extremely low spirits. "You'll find more cheer in a grave yard" to quote the lord of the rings, then what is currently going on with my emotional state right now. I'm lonely, feeling isolated, mind is all muddled up with problems, it's an awful feeling. It's Saturday night and I'm home alone feeling terrible, how about you?

You might also be interested in:

Posted · Report post  

So, so sorry you are suffering, Indigoblue!  Depression is just awful. its awful beyond words!  

I wish I knew what to say to help.

I'm 62 and have suffered three bouts of severe depression.  One resulted in hospitalization.  Weekends with this brutal illness are pretty rough to put it mildly and Saturday nights in particular.  Last night was terrible for me but tonight seems better even though nothing external in my life has changed.

It is frustrating to want to be helpful and come up with nothing.   But my mind is just a blank.  So sorry.   You deserve better.  

I'm going to close now because feel like my words to you are worse than useless.  Hopefully others here will have better words for you.

My heart goes out to you!

- epictetus