Advertisement
  • Announcements

• Lindsay

A Reminder that we are a PG13 Site   12/09/2016

Please keep in mind that NO content can be posted that is not PG13!  No sexual content and definitely not images which is not permitted in a post! We will delete it.  Not even memes or humorous images should be posted, if you want these forums to continue. NO IMAGES! If you want to post an image, post the URL pointing it to your gallery.  Again, Depressionforums.org is PG13!! Thank you~ ~Forum Admin  
babyxgothxx

I need some advice

30 posts in this topic

You might also be interested in:

Posted · Report post  

My sister had a similar issue, feeling like an outsider because of looks, interests, etc. She also has anxiety and a severe depression disorder, so I hope to hear about her will help!

My sister is a very sociable, kind person. But she definitely limited herself throughout high school and so forth. Due to mental illness and bad judgment when it came to friends, she was left very isolated. Once she left for college she started to meet more people and go out more, but no major changes. It was only once she started attending clubs, events, etc. through her school did she meet her crowd. Find something that interests you, go to the event, and try and make one friend. One friend will lead to two, then three, and on. I had never seen my sister happier, and she's still friends with these people today! As for boys, the right one will come. Coincidentally, my sister had a crush on this boy her entire freshman year who didn't like her back. It sucks, but you will see the light and realize he isn't for you. But again, go out and try and meet people with similar interests. Online dating could be helpful as well. Always here to chat if you need! x

Posted · Report post  

14 hours ago, wysl2me said:

My sister had a similar issue, feeling like an outsider because of looks, interests, etc. She also has anxiety and a severe depression disorder, so I hope to hear about her will help!

My sister is a very sociable, kind person. But she definitely limited herself throughout high school and so forth. Due to mental illness and bad judgment when it came to friends, she was left very isolated. Once she left for college she started to meet more people and go out more, but no major changes. It was only once she started attending clubs, events, etc. through her school did she meet her crowd. Find something that interests you, go to the event, and try and make one friend. One friend will lead to two, then three, and on. I had never seen my sister happier, and she's still friends with these people today! As for boys, the right one will come. Coincidentally, my sister had a crush on this boy her entire freshman year who didn't like her back. It sucks, but you will see the light and realize he isn't for you. But again, go out and try and meet people with similar interests. Online dating could be helpful as well. Always here to chat if you need! x

Thank you for your answer! Oh I'm sorry to hear about your sister... so glad to know she started to make her own friends after her time of loneliness. Just let her know she's not alone and is so strong to deal with this... It's a living nightmare trust me. I was in college today and broke down to my teacher... Yeah dumb right? I was doing so well listening to the advice on here. He said he'll try to pair me with my class. If that doesn't work, I'll try to join clubs/events. It just sucks to know that I'm 19 and never had a boyfriend. Pretty sure your sister felt the same way, feeling left out. Plus I feel so mad in love with this guy, I feel he's the one for me. Hope I change my mind about him because every time I see him, he makes me go crazy. Yep stupid right? Wow ya I like him for a year so far just like your sister... Coincidence? What you said is helpful though, I should look into dating sites too x   

Posted · Report post  

On 9/24/2017 at 4:59 AM, babyxgothxx said:

You're welcome and yep so true... I'm trying to not get involved with jerks.

:) this is the only emoji I know. Lol. Be good out there. 

Posted · Report post  

3 hours ago, vega57 said:

:) this is the only emoji I know. Lol. Be good out there. 

lol OK thanks for the advice! ^^