Donate Now Read more... ×
lorddarconis

Abilify and Sleepiness

Of course everyone's different. I haven't. But you could google to see if that's a possible side-effect. I'm not sure. Usually drowsiness or dizziness are possible side-effects of medication.

@lorddarconis it is an antipsychotic so that wouldn't be unheard of but Abilify is usually stimulating in the lower doses like 2mg and 5mg and starts to calm down when you get to 10mg and 15mg. I've certainly heard people say weird paradoxical things though about Abilify like that it makes them sleepy but gives them insomnia at the same time.

I find it practically knocks me out if I am naturally tired from a long day at work. I'd be sitting at my computer reading things or playing a game and be falling asleep whereas before I could stay alert no problem. I take it around 6 or 7 and by 8:30 or 9 I am done. I find that okay considering I go to bed at that time anyway so it's nice to fall asleep faster and sleep better.

Edited by FarTooLong

I was prescribe lorazepam to help me sleep at night because on abilify I am wide awake and cannot sleep at all always wake up all the time like every hour or so  if I don't take my lorazepam before bed.   YEP! everybody is different.