Advertisement
  • Announcements

• Lindsay

Donate Now   11/12/2017

Depression Forums has no real advertising help and no corporate sponsors. We depend on the support from our readers and especially our members. Your Donations would help DF to continue to stay on the internet and is greatly appreciated. Give the gift that keeps on giving. Donate Now  
ShhPatrick

Hi Folks!

6 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post  

Advertisement

Hello all my name is Patrick, I am 39 and live in a tiny town in Ohio.
I deal with panic disorder and PTSD, of course these things do not define me, however I am sure many of you can appreciate living with an 'invisible wound' and what that's like. 
I am on a somewhat slow road to recovery, I have had a lot of success in dealing with my panic disorder in the last two years, while I have had more issues with PTSD.
One of the reasons I decided to join this forum is because my life can be lonely and I was hoping to find like-minded people to chat with. 
I believe you should hire me because I am a quick learner, a team player and I have some field experience with fear and drama ;)
Okay I think that'll work. Thanks have a nice day, please come again! :)

You might also be interested in:

Posted · Report post  

I also want to welcome you to the Forums ShhPatrick.  I can relate to panic disorder as a fellow sufferer.  I suffer from GAD and depression.  All these illnesses are just brutal!  I would imagine that PTSD is pretty awful. 

I hope you will find this site as helpful as I have.  I am looking forward to reading your posts.  Nice to meet you.

Posted · Report post  

ShhPatrick,

You're definitely hired!!! I had panic disorder & PTSD, and severe OCD for about 22 years or so and didn't even know what it was.  I lived with it thinking I was crazy and no one else could possibly know or understand what it was that I had.  I never told anyone about it.  As a child, my family treated me like a leper growing up because of it.  I found my own ways of coping as a child.  I painted and drew a lot.  I no longer have panic attacks and haven't had them for about 25 years.  I want you to know you came to the right place!  You will get better and you were smart to come here and share!  I am looking forward to reading your success story!  We are all here for you.  We can't all be present all the time, so please be patient with response time.  We do care about what's happening with you! 

- Deb