A New Look Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
CrazyWulf

Things just keep getting worse

It's been close to a year now since I have been out of work.     Now my TANF is getting cut in half due to not being able to get a job...    Which means me and my 2 kids have to live off of around $100/month for cash benefits.   I cant even afford to pay for my public housing rent with that much money so might be going homeless very soon.    I really have no idea what I am doing.....   

Have you contacted them, to discuss your options? We have universal credit here, it's pittance and getting tighter or people. It's so unfair on people. You could try your local church, you don't have to be a member. They would know of anything local as well, as have their own ways of helping people in your situation. I know it's scary, l've been there, keep taking deep breaths, tackle each bit at a time. Don't be afraid to ask for help.

Contact who you pay rent and bills to, keep them informed, they are more decent if you don't try and ignore it. Some suppliers actually have schemes to help people, but you have to ask.

Edited by Ba3inga

My problem is my social phobia limits the type of work I can do.    There is also the problem of my car getting repoed a few months ago so have no transportation and not many options within walking distance.   They don't seem to understand my mental health problems even though I have had places fax them my records.   They say they can get me into normal jobs but I may have to work on a volunteer basis for the first month.  I have always had problems keeping regular paying jobs, having the motivation to wake up and go to a job without getting paid would be insane to me.    

They ask me what I enjoy, what my hobbies are etc trying to figure out what kind of job I may enjoy but I don't have an answer.  I have never enjoyed any of my jobs in my life and have no hobbies or interests....

3 hours ago, CrazyWulf said:

It's been close to a year now since I have been out of work.     Now my TANF is getting cut in half due to not being able to get a job...    Which means me and my 2 kids have to live off of around $100/month for cash benefits.   I cant even afford to pay for my public housing rent with that much money so might be going homeless very soon.    I really have no idea what I am doing.....   

CrazyWulf,

What you're going through is terrifying.  http://www.wikihow.com/Apply-for-Section-8-Housing  

I just want you to know I care.