Jump to content
Gtx1990

Now on psych meds,only to spend on console gaming

Recommended Posts

Now I am put on psych meds I can get to sleep.The problem is I don't go to work now and spend all my day lurking at the PS console.For the past week I been not doing anything productive at all and just game all the way.I know I can't continue such lifestyle,need to pickup some motivation to do better things than gaming...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It takes time, patience and perseverance. Be gentle with yourself. Gaming can actually be a form of escapism, giving your brain and nervous system a break.

Did you name yourself after a mazda?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Ba3inga said:

It takes time, patience and perseverance. Be gentle with yourself. Gaming can actually be a form of escapism, giving your brain and nervous system a break.

Did you name yourself after a mazda?

No,it's my name in short form.I have been diagnosed since my late teen.I thought I will be alright after I turn adulthood but it seems my hope was wrong.I am nearing 30 and yet to recover

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Gtx1990 said:

No,it's my name in short form.I have been diagnosed since my late teen.I thought I will be alright after I turn adulthood but it seems my hope was wrong.I am nearing 30 and yet to recover

Ahh ok.

Yeah, sadly it doesn't work like that. Iooking back l've suffered with depression and anxiety from a young child, though wasn't diagnosed until my 40's. It's swings and round abouts. Everyone is different, getting to know myself, confronting my fears and sheer stubbornness has helped no end for it, l forced myself to try different mindfulness techniques, relaxation, exercises, diet, to find the right fit for me. I can keep the worst at bay with it. Try not to lose hope, by thinking in terms of years, it's not that kind of goal, it is a serious illness.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Ba3inga said:

Ahh ok.

Yeah, sadly it doesn't work like that. Iooking back l've suffered with depression and anxiety from a young child, though wasn't diagnosed until my 40's. It's swings and round abouts. Everyone is different, getting to know myself, confronting my fears and sheer stubbornness has helped no end for it, l forced myself to try different mindfulness techniques, relaxation, exercises, diet, to find the right fit for me. I can keep the worst at bay with it. Try not to lose hope, by thinking in terms of years, it's not that kind of goal, it is a serious illness.

I am staying relax and being a little clever to pass my day

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I jog on park where I am familiar but now I keep on giving myself excuses not to run at the park anymore,I think I should still go jog wherever possible because I am gaining ALOT of weight and still eating a lot

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Doctors in my country state that exercise is one of the best things to fight depression and anxiety, so if you can push yourself to do it, then l think that would be prudent, but there are times when it can seem like a losing battle just to get out of bed, so on those days don't beat yourself up, it's just a different battle that day :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Gtx1990 said:

Now I am put on psych meds I can get to sleep.The problem is I don't go to work now and spend all my day lurking at the PS console.For the past week I been not doing anything productive at all and just game all the way.I know I can't continue such lifestyle,need to pickup some motivation to do better things than gaming...

Hi, Gtx1990,  First of all, I think you're amazing for actually being able to see that gaming is not what you always want to be doing!  You're ahead of most gamers because it is so addicting.  In my experience  some meds take a couple weeks or more to get into your system and allow your regular sleep patterns to continue.  If you're up for it, try to get some fresh air and daylight in during the daytime to help regulate your system.  Find exercise that works for you.  Meaning, you don't have to become an athlete to get great benefits from a little exercise.  In the meanwhile, if you can read comfortably, find a book that interests you and dive in.  I like to make jewelry and paint.  These are all things we can do with a little time at night.  The bottom line is, I hope you know that you are important and worthy of feeling better.  I'm glad you're part of our forum.  I hope you will post again soon and let us know how you are doing!  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Announcements

×