New member 's first post

Hello! This is my first post, although I created this account when I was having a really hard time a few months or weeks ago. Eight years ago,  diagnosed with dep. and anx., received medical treatment and then quit it for years, and I have my first recent psych appt tomorrow. (I would love to hear from people who are in "remisison", if they exist)

Hi Bobbiecat,

Best of luck with your psych appointment!  Sorry that you are struggling with depression and anxiety.  They are both awful illnesses!  I am 62 years old and have suffered one serious depression and three relapses in that time.  The relapses were quickly reversed through medical treatment and some changes in my attitude towards things.  Most of my 62 years have been depression/anxiety free.

Not sure if this is what you call "remission" - but, I was suicidal before, and they locked me up in the hospital for 3 months. I guess you could say I was depressed, but I wouldn't have called it that. Now I'm feeling depressed like I never have before. I would say it's worse, but I'm dealing with it without antidepressants. So that's a good thing for me.

I am new to the forum.

I felt a need to respond to bobbiecat because of the name. I have a piece of paper in my room pulled from a file regarding health insurance and an eye exam that my child had about 12 years ago. I have the words Bobby cats scribbled on it. funny. :-)

So hello to bobbie and to everyone reading. glad you found some relief with low dosage med. That seems like a step in a positive direction.It feels good to feel well.

I don't think I would describe myself as in any remission but at the moment I feel hopeful for my immediate relief of some pretty serious anxiety.

I can fluctuate pretty fast between I do not know what. Today I went for acupuncture treatment and it was WOW!!!!! every point of insertion with the needles felt very distinctly different. I can still faintly feel where they all were. very intriguing and incredibly effective!!

So I am highly recommending it and I will open a chat or post about the process as it evolves. I hope you do as well Bobbiecat.

Hello bristlecone! How funny that you liked the name, I had a feeling it meant something to someone else! Thanks for responding. 

I am glad to hear that you are feeling hopeful as well! I totally understand what you mean about fluctuating fast. 

wow I am so interested in that accupuncture! yours is the second good review I've heard. I will keep an eye out for deals near me.  Thank you for sharing ☺

5 hours ago, bristlecone said:

I am new to the forum.

I felt a need to respond to bobbiecat because of the name. I have a piece of paper in my room pulled from a file regarding health insurance and an eye exam that my child had about 12 years ago. I have the words Bobby cats scribbled on it. funny. :-)

So hello to bobbie and to everyone reading. glad you found some relief with low dosage med. That seems like a step in a positive direction.It feels good to feel well.

I don't think I would describe myself as in any remission but at the moment I feel hopeful for my immediate relief of some pretty serious anxiety.

I can fluctuate pretty fast between I do not know what. Today I went for acupuncture treatment and it was WOW!!!!! every point of insertion with the needles felt very distinctly different. I can still faintly feel where they all were. very intriguing and incredibly effective!!

So I am highly recommending it and I will open a chat or post about the process as it evolves. I hope you do as well Bobbiecat.

don't know bobbiecat if I made it clear, but just feel like adding the parameters of why I wrote bobby cats on paper.

Firstly, I took it out of the file looking for health insurance numbers for my child. I would have written it as a reminder note regarding my neighbor Bobby and cat sitting for her. She lived down stairs from us in condos we rented from the owner but she owned hers. Once she told me that as long as I would take care of her cats--if she passed away I could have the condo. I have fond memories of her too because she was an amazing scrapbook artist. She had asked me for photos of my son-a variety -and then made the most adorable 3x3 tiny spiral bound picture album. putting little stickers and hand written sayings throughout.

I eventually moved to a different city and then moved out of the state and across the country. Hopefully she found another cat sitter and is still doing well. that was a trip down memory lane for me when I connected your name to that paper still laying on my file I see everyday until I clean my room :-) what a funny little world.

and as far as the acupuncture-yes it is pricey but I will just take the money I use for a ridiculous addiction like starbucks coffee  and switch it out to health and healing treatments. because you know why? one can only feel bad for so long

its a big deal and I think it will be a great modality of healing. the first session experientially was tremendous. I am pretty sure this is the only acupuncturist in this city-not surprising. I felt comfortable the moment I walked in and I think there is some good work to be done.

hopefully you locate a good one or maybe where you live there are many practitioners available you can choose from-

So tell me bobbie cat if you don't mind was there a particular reason you using name bobbie cat that you would like to share?

how did you go about that name?

hope your day is good !

take care-

I get lost in forums. too many entry's and too many different stories and at times triggers that are very difficult to fight with--or settle on receiving without defending.

I like bobcats. I like them because they are elusive. and they are very pretty. I have seen one once in the nature on a hike. many years ago on a reserve. briefly. I like the extra fuzz in their ears and big paws.

I don't know bobby from king of the hill. I think an adult cartoon maybe?

I don't watch much tv. if I do it is jeopardy. I have gone through phases where I watch tv regularly. but I refuse to pay for cable. so antenna channels is what I get so limited.

very sorry about your cat!