Advertisement
  • Announcements

• Lindsay

A Reminder that we are a PG13 Site   12/09/2016

Please keep in mind that NO content can be posted that is not PG13!  No sexual content and definitely not images which is not permitted in a post! We will delete it.  Not even memes or humorous images should be posted, if you want these forums to continue. NO IMAGES! If you want to post an image, post the URL pointing it to your gallery.  Again, Depressionforums.org is PG13!! Thank you~ ~Forum Admin  
Sign in to follow this  
Butterflyinprogress

help needed please

5 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post  

Advertisement

I'm so scared I'll never be the same again..I lost my confidence,my personality my outlook in life. Keeps getting worst every day...it's been over 9 month now. .and so scared it wont get better. I don't enjoy anything. I've so much anger at myself I could have prevented all this but I didn't. I've failed in life...I can't get over it. My fam and friends say it's all in your head..I feel like I'm in a nightmare from the time I get up till I go to sleep. I barely do anything except cry and complain i wasn't like this..surf the net for hope of finding something that helps..I checked every med. Freaking out of seeing a doc cause the will just prescribe anything and if you're lucky it works then you are good. I don't have much support here about seeing a doc. Every one is like just pray and you'll snap out of it..the pills aren't real and won't help you.  I don't know what to do or what to expect. My head fills empty I don't how to explain. I just lay all day I don't have the energy or motivation to do anything. I have guilt feeling if I do anything I say to myself I should have done that before I got to this point. My past kills me everyday I should be doing better  look what others are doing on moving on and I  couldn't I'm stuck..I feel a numb in my throat everyone around me is sick and tired of hearing the same . I can't make a decision or anything. I feel like I'm late and the me I know is gone. When I explain nothing is making sense what if the doc sees  me as crazy.hell I feel crazy  paranoid at the time. I don't hear music or watch movies like I use to.  I feel my negativity every day  I keep attracting that. I swear all I do is wake up..wash my face..and start  doing bubbly and on the net also complaing every bad thing happening home or anyone is my fault .. I'm stuck in a trap. I hate it never have I ever thought I'll be like this...I was so happy when I stopped taking cipralex and seroquel last year. ..around December i started freaking out omg this is not me crying daily and complaing daily till this day. What If I take meds and it gets worst I wouldn't be able to say the side effects as I feel the syptoms everyday...I convinced myself and convincing my fam i wont get better its too late. The last doc I saw was bad really bad kept diagnosing me meds after each app i would tell him i dont feel better he keeps adding the dose when it got to a high dose no change he simply replied nothing I can do about it. .force yourself to do things? ?? I was stronger then i weaned off the meds ..and i was happy i did. But now i know i need something to help me. If anyone relates and can advice means a lot. What is the strongest ad that can help. I just want to wake up one day with calmness  and feel like myself again and have good night sleeps. I barely feel like i slept i have vivd dreams of people I've known i feel stuck to the past its just confusing. .sorry for the long vent

You might also be interested in:

Posted · Report post  

as far as "just pray" that is unfair of anyone. if prayer fixed everything we would not have doctors or surgery or medicine.

i don't know how many different psych meds you have tried but when i started this journey over 20 years ago a psychiatrist told me that often 18 or more different medications can be tried on a person. everyone reacts differently and so you have to have patience and keep with them until the one that works for you is found. i am sorry that it hurts so much i do understand.

Posted · Report post  

I'm  so sorry for all the chaos you are feeling.  I wish there was a magical fix, but instead I would talk to your Dr. about what he or she recommends based on your medical history and the condition you are in.

I previously suffered from high anxiety, and was prescribed Cymbalta.  It worked very well for me for 10 years.  Now I take Zoloft which also works well for anxiety and depression. One thing to keep in mind though is that it took about 4 weeks before these meds really worked for me.  I experienced some start-up side effects in the first few weeks, so you have to be patient as well.

I do hope you find some relief.

Sincerely,

Maddielouise 

Posted · Report post  

I feel this way a lot. I have had many traumatic experiences in the last 7-8 years. I think this has caused the feelings of not being myself anymore. I'm often dissociated and have depersonalization, feeling like my life is a dream. I'm starting EMDR therapy soon and I hope it helps. Cymbalta was added to my Lamictal and Gabapentin about two weeks ago. It makes me a little agitated and extremely sleepy. I hope it helps, but I know therapy is needed too. I just want to heal and feel like me again. I hope you feel better soon!!