A New Look Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
Ba3inga

Is this flashbacks?

Hi,

I haven't been officially diagnosed with PTSD, as l don't really want to go into my experiences with anyone too deeply, especially face to face. I have confronted a lot of things recently in a short matter of time, my anxiety has been very up and down, l have suffered lack of sleep and had a couple of panic attacks. This was however very different, l was faced with a few triggers regarding some nasty experiences in my life, it brought up a lot of memories and the emotions were crippling. I knew where l was, it wasn't like l was actually there, but emotionally l was, it felt like l was in it again, but in the present. Does this sound like flasbacks?

Hope this finds you well

Edited by Ba3inga

i am not a professional but

in my experiences (and i have been diagnosed ptsd) when i have the flashbacks it is actually as if i were there and it was happening all over to me again. even the things that happened to me in childhood i seem to be reliving them. i don't know if this is a requirement or not. i do know that it happens less and less the more i do talk it over with someone, and the best people that i have ever talked these things over with were professionals.

10 minutes ago, Constant Challenge said:

i am not a professional but

in my experiences (and i have been diagnosed ptsd) when i have the flashbacks it is actually as if i were there and it was happening all over to me again. even the things that happened to me in childhood i seem to be reliving them. i don't know if this is a requirement or not. i do know that it happens less and less the more i do talk it over with someone, and the best people that i have ever talked these things over with were professionals.

That's what l read up on researching flashbacks. I'm so sorry you are going through that. It is hard to put in to words, but l definitely didn't think l was in the past, but at the same time emotionally l was. I hope this was just because of over doing it and not something else to contend with.

Thank you for your reply, l'm very grateful.