Expanding your horizons with depression?

Bebop

This is something I've been curious about lately. I'm almost, 30, and I feel like there's a lot in life I haven't seen. I'll be listening to others talk (at work, etc), and it astounds me how some people in their 30's have worked interesting jobs, traveled overseas, and met some really unusual people. Meanwhile most of my life has been spent either in a dysfunctional home growing up, or trying to quietly recover from anxiety and depression.

I really want to start doing more before I'm too old, but I'm limited by time, money, and energy. I can't exactly pack up and go on a trip to some exotic place. I can't afford to take classes at community colleges just for fun right now, and there's a chance I may lose my job in the future (new management, and hours are getting slashed). I don't have a big group of friends locally I can go out with. I'm often tired and feel overwhelmed just trying to put things back on track.

Are there any other good options besides things like travel, take classes, etc?

First of I like your Icon Cowboy bebop is a great classic. Second with the Internet learning a new skill is nto that difficult! Google easy instruments to learn how to play and choose one. That could be an option or learning a new lenguage or another form of Art can be therapeutic and I think it adds richness to our lives to find new hobbies and skills and take the time to get better at it. It works your mind well and you feel good for learning something new  and its anothern thing  you can personally boast about in conversation lol in a way I feel like theres so many options now a days that it feels like there arent any. You can also google events around your area and see whats around you thats free thats another thing people usually dont know what goes on in their area and they dont realize their a lot of events one can attend and have fun meet new people ect 

I ride the bus a lot. Dont have a car. Has been about a year doing it daily. Sometimes takes a while, but not bad. I go to concerts, the beach, and a theme park pretty regular. I live in a big city, not sure where u are. But endless stuff to do. Hookah bars, libraries, religious communities, strip clubs. Tattoo places are everywhere. I also dont have many friends. I do a lot on my own. Seems to be better, but everyone is different. I mean, **** goin out with people. Do whatever i want, dont need anyone to have a good experience. October big concert month for me. Lords of acid and combichrist, dope and head planet earth, suicide commando. I also love cowboy bebop ;). I have a bad ass cowboy bebop hat.  Also, whenever i can get it, nature is pretty nice to enjoy by yourself.

Does your current employer have an employee assistance program where you could engage the services of a therapist (you mentioned anxiety and depression and often times work provides free resources).  The negativity and bleak outlook are derived from these conditions; heal, get better, and overcome these obstacles!  Look around in your community for other resources to curb or aid in your anxiety/depression, there could be groups out there meeting several times a week.  This could be the opportunity to network, meet new friends, and overcoming your situation.

Community centers and volunteering are great ways to get more involved, to meet other folks, and to create new and exciting opportunities.  I to grew up in a dysfunctional home, I have the scars of an alcoholic father to prove it…but don’t let these things stop you, I existed for a long time until I realized I could live by changing it up!  I was miserable in the area I grew up, loved my job, but the people etc., were nothing but dead weight keeping me down.  I left, moved to another state and started over.  I’m not suggesting this as a solution for you, leaving town etc., but maybe it’s a shakeup you need-if you’re not happy in your job, search for a new one, change careers!  I know, it’s scary, it was for me, I moved cross country without a job or friends in the state I moved to, I left everything behind to start anew.  I landed on my feet, thank God, but if you do nothing, nothing but the same will happen.  Is this rant making any sense?