Donate Now Read more... ×
HeraldofAndraste

Tell me about your pets!!!!!

I have two six year old puggles (pug/beagle mix) and their names are Mowgli and Simba! They're the best! Their goofy looking faces and totally unique personalities always make me laugh and bring me comfort on my low days. They are brothers from the same litter. My fiance and I had Mowgli since he was a baby, and Simba was owned by her sister. Her sister and brother in law were not equipped to deal with a dog though, and mistreated him. Simba was malnourished, hyperactive and had a severe violence problem towards other dogs. With a lot of time and love, we were able to make him a big fat cuddly sweet heart and his googly eyes no longer look threatening to other dogs. 

Simba likes to play, he's got lots of energy, a really silly face and a funny, cheerful attitude. He's always ready for belly rubs, cuddles and walks. His energy is lower than when we first got him, but thankfully he's slowed down a little so we can keep up. I call him our "houndini" because he can escape from ANYTHING. He's broken through collars, leashes, cages, kennels, you name it. It's impressive but also scary. Simba is 100% bravery and I'm so grateful he will **** spiders for me! At first we were trying to find someone to adopt Simba, we were not ready for another dog....but one day I was extremely upset and crying my eyes out. I was in my bedroom and I heard the click click click of claws on the floor. I thought it was Mowgli but it was Simba! I should mention we only had Simba for about a week or so at this point. He hopped onto the bed and I asked him what he was doing there. I swear this is true, he sat across from me and put his paw on my leg and just looked at me in a way that said "It's ok momma, everything's going to be okay. I am here." And I cried more! I told my fiance that there was no way we could give him up and after much hard work here we are!

Mowgli is our resident DIVA. He is the prince and must be treated as such. He was super bummed when we kept his brother. I am convinced that he doesn't love his brother but just puts up with him. Their interactions always make us laugh. Mowgli is the jealous sort and if you go next to my fiance he gets really upset with you. He gets really upset with me! Whenever his water bowl is empty he'll flip it over and look you right in the face. If you're not paying attention and don't hear it, he will DRAAAAAAAAAG that thing against the floor until you get annoyed and finally get up. He will condescendingly watch you fill it and snort at you. He's a bit of a demanding snob BUT he's also extremely loving and always knows when you need a bit of extra loving. My fiance raised him in her mother's home before we lived together, so they are extremely close. We jokingly call him her husband because he's always got to be near her and have her attention, haha!

I absolutely love all kinds of pets so tell me! Who are your pet pals and why do you love them so much? What is your favourite thing about them? What's your favourite story to share about them? 

Here is a picture of my boys! Mowgli on the left and Simba on the right! <3

Edited by HeraldofAndraste

Two older kitties for me. Tika and Ziva. They are still quite active and playful. They are also lap cats. They love hanging out with people.

On edit: I deleted the link to my picture that resides in the album portion of DF. You can see them by clicking on my photo album from my profile.

Edited by JD4010

I have two long haired beauties,  cats. One is Orange the other is grey. They are almost 7 yrs I think.  Only one likes treats and the other likes to play fetch. They are all I have to live for so they are very precious angels. 

I have a Chihuahua and an aquatic turtle.I`ve had my Chihuahua for many years and my turtle for a couple of years.My dog is my baby he likes to steal my slippers even as I`m wearing them.He doesn`t chew on them or ruin them he just likes to have them.I feel like my Mom and I rescued my turtle we just wanted him to have a good home.Now he`s growing and healthy.

I have a 14-year-old cat named Ser Wubbles who is the sweetest little guy, and a 1 year old Bearded Dragon named Letho who loves to watch Sherriff Eli Thompson on Twitch for some reason, I think he likes Eli's voice. I have an Iguana named Lacrymosa. Lacrymosa is the spawn of Satan, I think she sneaks out of her cage while I'm sleeping and sells my stuff on ebay. She bites anyone she does not know and she can smell fear. Ser Wubbs won't go near her. When she is in a good mood, she likes to walk up to you and whip your ankles with her tail. I want to get her a new home but I'm afraid I'll see her on the news as a suspect in a drive-by or something.

On 7/30/2017 at 9:55 AM, Ba3inga said:

I'd tell you about my puddy cat, she was a real character, but she sadly passed two years ago, and l miss her.

Oh I am so sorry to hear that. You have my love, I am sure she was a lovely and interesting pet! <3

On 7/30/2017 at 2:50 PM, Teddy545 said:

I've had my cat Puffy since she was 10 days old.  My mom was living in the country, her and my brother found a stray cat and started feeding it. The cat got pregnant, my mom tried to keep her out of their house so It wouldn't have the baby's inside, they were moving at the time.  The cat got inside and had the baby's in my brother's room anyway so my mom had to give them all to me.

I really enjoyed taking care of all the kittens.  Puffy seemed to like me the most, she wanted to lay on my lap a lot and would check in with me when she was playing with the other kittens. She had fluffy/puffy hair when she was little so I thought she would have long hair.  When she got older her hair turned short and smooth.  I named her after this puffalump stuffed animal cat I've had since I was little. 

I kept her and her sister, I had to give the other ones to the shelter, we have laws where you can't have more then 3 adult cats and I live in a small apartment.  My ex boyfriend was living with us, I let him take Puffy's sister when we broke up.  Puffy seemed really happy that they moved out and was extra loving for a few days after. I also had a pet rabbit for a year, Puffy and the rabbit were best friends and would cuddle.  The rabbit turned out to be too much work for me so I had to give it back to the shelter.  Puffy seemed upset and cried where his cage was for a few days. 

Puffy is 7 years old now.  I think she's obsessed with me, I get annoyed by it sometimes.   After other people come over she acts like she hasn't had attention for days even if the other people were giving her a lot of attention.  She likes to be brushed so that's good.  I'm more of a dog person so I naturally thought her to come when she's called and "targeting" where she goes to the place that I tap my hand on.  We're having problems where she won't play with toys anymore.  She plays with things she's not supposed to like pictures hanging on the wall and the back of the TV.  She got tangled in the antenna/cable cord and ripped the socket out. :no:  She's been getting really upset with me for having the air conditioner on this summer.  Puffy's black with gray strips, I used to have a picture of her up but I don't want to anymore since it looks like pictures can't be removed from the gallery anymore. 

I've been thinking about getting some pet mice.  I guess I'm missing my old pets and I think they would be like cat TV for her.  I'm not sure if it would end up being a bigger problem because I haven't had a cat and mice at the same time before.  I think mice are harder to take care of then a cat, I'm not sure if that would be a problem.  I'm not sure if my apartments allow it, the rules say "cat's, no dogs".  Lot's of things I'm not sure about. 

Wow your cat sounds like she's quite the unique character! I hope she doesn't get tangled in any cords again so she doesn't get hurt! It sounds like there's never a dull moment with Puffy around, haha! I'm sorry that Puffy lost her friend but she still has you! So that's very valuable. It's cute, sometimes Simba annoys me with his affection but then I realize that no one loves you like your pet so I embrace all the cuddles and love! If you do get mice I hope that Puffy would love them too. I am also a dog person but I do love cats! I've got plenty of friends with both so I'm lucky enough to enjoy time with all kinds of critters! 

She sounds like a really wonderful and funny pet! 

On 7/30/2017 at 6:55 PM, sober4life said:

My dog just looks like a small fox.  He is tame and calm around me and mom and attacks everything else that moves.  He's so wild we can't even give him a haircut.

Wow that sounds so cute! What kind of dog do you have? My two dogs are like that. They're cool around my fiance and I but get super excited and jump at almost anything else. They're really good with kids though. Does your dog have really long hair then?

My tubby tuxedo cat covets my spot at the computer, loves throat scratches, and has tasted blood from everyone who has ever tried to touch him.

Though all before me is shadow, yet shall the Maker be my guide. ;)

On 7/30/2017 at 10:47 PM, watalife said:

I have two long haired beauties,  cats. One is Orange the other is grey. They are almost 7 yrs I think.  Only one likes treats and the other likes to play fetch. They are all I have to live for so they are very precious angels. 

Wow they sound very precious, I am so happy to hear that they bring you so much joy. I can understand that connection. Simba came from a bad upbringing which I did too. He and I are two broken little pieces that fit together, so I totally understand! Sometimes it seems like they get us more than people do, doesn't it?

On 7/30/2017 at 11:10 PM, Lady Mozzer said:

I have a Chihuahua and an aquatic turtle.I`ve had my Chihuahua for many years and my turtle for a couple of years.My dog is my baby he likes to steal my slippers even as I`m wearing them.He doesn`t chew on them or ruin them he just likes to have them.I feel like my Mom and I rescued my turtle we just wanted him to have a good home.Now he`s growing and healthy.

I love chihuahuas and turtles! I almost had one too. I think your pup just likes to get your attention in a funny way! Turtles are so cool, are they difficult to maintain? What did you name your pets?

On 7/30/2017 at 11:58 PM, ColdFire said:

I have a 14-year-old cat named Ser Wubbles who is the sweetest little guy, and a 1 year old Bearded Dragon named Letho who loves to watch Sherriff Eli Thompson on Twitch for some reason, I think he likes Eli's voice. I have an Iguana named Lacrymosa. Lacrymosa is the spawn of Satan, I think she sneaks out of her cage while I'm sleeping and sells my stuff on ebay. She bites anyone she does not know and she can smell fear. Ser Wubbs won't go near her. When she is in a good mood, she likes to walk up to you and whip your ankles with her tail. I want to get her a new home but I'm afraid I'll see her on the news as a suspect in a drive-by or something.

Wowie 14 years old is impressive! Ser Wubbles is a fantastic name and I LOVE it! Letho is also a super cool name! I think bearded dragons are funny little cuties <3 Omg Lacrymosa sounds like a really funny time, but only because she isn't mine! You honestly made me laugh out loud at work here, thank you for that! Oh my lord It's just too much! It REALLY sounds like you don't have time to be bored at your house!  I always wanted an iguana to be honest. They have the best life. Just chillin in the sun with the squad, like what better life is there? I would love to be a fly on the wall at your house just to watch all your pets!!

12 minutes ago, Entoo said:

My tubby tuxedo cat covets my spot at the computer, loves throat scratches, and has tasted blood from everyone who has ever tried to touch him.

Though all before me is shadow, yet shall the Maker be my guide. ;)

Tuxedo sounds like he isn't masking his distain for people. (lolol) Does he often scratch you?

Just like the inquisition, we must go into darkness, unafraid.

And though the deep dark before dawn's first light seems eternal, know that the sun always rises. :icon12:

It seems I have a fellow Andrastian here? :Coopyahoo:

spelling error

He's left scars before, but he's my little snuggle buddy. Raised him from a newborn when I found him alone in the rain.

Let all repeat the Chant of Light. Only the Word dispels the darkness. The Maker shall be her bacon and her shield!

5 minutes ago, Entoo said:

He's left scars before, but he's my little snuggle buddy. Raised him from a newborn when I found him alone in the rain.

Let all repeat the Chant of Light. Only the Word dispels the darkness. The Maker shall be her bacon and her shield!

Oh what a precious story! That's so sweet I really love cuddly pets <3

Mowgli hates cuddles but Simba loovesss to cuddle he will put his googly-eyed head on my shoulder and be perfectly happy sleeping in my embrace. 

Blessed are they who stand before the corrupt and the wicked and do not faulter. Blessed are the peacekeepers, the champions of the just.

2 hours ago, HeraldofAndraste said:

Wow that sounds so cute! What kind of dog do you have? My two dogs are like that. They're cool around my fiance and I but get super excited and jump at almost anything else. They're really good with kids though. Does your dog have really long hair then?

I guess he's a pomeranian mix of some kind.  The only way we can cut his hair is a little bit at a time.  When he's asleep.  His hair is out of control right now.  He's supposed to be 5 years old so of course someone out there gave him a haircut at some point but I have no idea how.  You can't get a muzzle on him and if you try to cut his hair without the muzzle he will bite you.

10 minutes ago, sober4life said:

I guess he's a pomeranian mix of some kind.  The only way we can cut his hair is a little bit at a time.  When he's asleep.  His hair is out of control right now.  He's supposed to be 5 years old so of course someone out there gave him a haircut at some point but I have no idea how.  You can't get a muzzle on him and if you try to cut his hair without the muzzle he will bite you.

I had a feeling he was a pomeranian mix! They're so cute though! Also kinda sassy but that's adorable. Yikes can a groomer handle it? I tried to cut a tiny bit of my dogs' hair once but  they haattteeddd it!

I used to have pets. I no longer want any, because I'm afraid I'll make them miserable.

I had a mongrel dog who was called Jimmy (aka Choommik). He was a good boy. Sadly he got hit by a car one morning. The injuries were just too extensive. Had to be put down.

Thomas the cat (nicknamed Godzilla), who was named after the Tom and Jerry cartoon. He was a persian cat unlike in the cartoon. An award winner on a cat show thing. Liked sausages. Died of old age.

Two budgies. Mammy and Pappy. Destroyers of Wallpaper and Annihilators of Fuzzy carpets. Fun creatures they used to be. Old age took them.

2 hours ago, HeraldofAndraste said:

I had a feeling he was a pomeranian mix! They're so cute though! Also kinda sassy but that's adorable. Yikes can a groomer handle it? I tried to cut a tiny bit of my dogs' hair once but  they haattteeddd it!

No we took him to the groomer twice and it was a disaster.  One time the vet even gave the dog something to calm him down and that didn't work.  He's like 2 different dogs.  One moment he's the most calm laid back dog ever but if you try to do something with him he doesn't want to do he starts acting like a wild man.

@sober4life: my dog has two personalities as well. Mainly shes just a spoiled brat but I suspect she has anxiety issues as well. Anything she doesn't like, she goes crazy. My husband can't even wipe her down with a towel without her growling and running off. She also can't go to the vet without taking doggy xanax ahead of time ( it barely works on her just like me.)

Edited by evalynn

12 hours ago, APFSDS said:

I used to have pets. I no longer want any, because I'm afraid I'll make them miserable.

I had a mongrel dog who was called Jimmy (aka Choommik). He was a good boy. Sadly he got hit by a car one morning. The injuries were just too extensive. Had to be put down.

Thomas the cat (nicknamed Godzilla), who was named after the Tom and Jerry cartoon. He was a persian cat unlike in the cartoon. An award winner on a cat show thing. Liked sausages. Died of old age.

Two budgies. Mammy and Pappy. Destroyers of Wallpaper and Annihilators of Fuzzy carpets. Fun creatures they used to be. Old age took them.

I am very sorry to hear about your pup. Your other pets passed of natural causes and I believe they must have loved you very much. Even when I am miserable my dogs know and stay closer to me (even the snobby one lol)

If they wanted to be with you that long you must be more special than you think <3