HELP ! idk what's going on

Hi I've been on effexor xr 75mg for 8 and worked pretty well .. slipped into a depression after a panic attack like 2 weeks ago .. Dr upped my effexor to 150mg 8days ago .. now I want to alone but at the same time I don't wanna be alone .. I feel disconnected , is this normal should I wait it out or switch it ... Seriously need advice ! Don't really have anybody that understands what I'm going through . It's like I'm stuck in my own head

Did you ever have thoughts/feelings like that before Effexor?  I've had those feelings for a good part of my life.  I really don't want to be around anyone because the stress from others, etc., etc. is just too much.  But I very much want to be around people because being an outcast makes me feel horrible about myself.  I've been on Effexor for about a year now (currently 225mg) and while it has been helping some I still have had half a dozen lapses into deep, deep depression.  During those bouts I definitely did not want to be around anyone but I also needed to be around people.  I've never attributed that feeling to Effexor but instead just think it's a symptom of my deep depression.

I really can't remember. It's like I'm trapped in my own thoughts and I can't get out of my head ... I don't want to think anymore .. everything's dark in here. Ive been on this new dose of effexor for 9 days .. I wanted to know if anybody knew how long it took the increased dose to start working.. thank you for your reply !! Not too many do and I wish they would , it helps to hear from people

• 2 years later...

The only thing you can do is confront your thoughts and battle them and also take the medication. Medication helps a person cope with issues it does not solve them. You wont get out of your head simply because of the reason is you cannot get out of your head. You cant stop a bird flying over you head but you can stop one laying a nest there.