Advertisement
  • Announcements

• Lindsay

Donate Now   11/12/2017

Depression Forums has no real advertising help and no corporate sponsors. We depend on the support from our readers and especially our members. Your Donations would help DF to continue to stay on the internet and is greatly appreciated. Give the gift that keeps on giving. Donate Now  
Teddy545

Tactile bugs

18 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post  

Advertisement

When I see a bug or bugs I feel like there's bugs crawling on me.  I know there's not really bugs on me.  When I look at the area where I feel a bug nothings there. The feeling doesn't go away until I act like I'm brushing the bug off.  I've read that it's caused by restless leg syndrome which I have.  It's weird because it only happens when I see a bug first.  I used to feel like there was fizzy bubbles under my skin from restless legs but I take medication for it now and don't feel that anymore.  I can't find anything like this online, the only things that are close are when people feel the bugs all of the time. 

You might also be interested in:

Posted (edited) · Report post  

Hi Teddy.  I have not experienced that myself but it sounds awful.  I have phobia about certain bugs and can experience a panic attack or near panic attack if I see them.  My bed is actually inside a big bug tent.   It is ironic because I tend to feel affection for all creatures.  I have experienced hypersensitivity on my skin during a full blown panic attack or limited symptom attack and perhaps that is similar?  It is only recently that I have learned about limited symptom panic attacks where some but not all the symptoms of an panic are present.  Do you think you may be in a kind of panic when you see bugs or am I way off track?  Sorry you are having these experiences no matter the what the cause.  Those experiences sound just horrible. 

Edited by Epictetus

Posted (edited) · Report post  

Have you looked up formication?  

My vitamin b levels were low, and my skin felt like it was crawling, or itchy.

Sorry l'm not much help, it must be frustrating.

Edited by Ba3inga
Auto correct put fornication

Posted · Report post  

2 minutes ago, Epictetus said:

Hi Teddy.  I have not experienced that myself but it sounds awful.  I have phobia about certain bugs and can experience a panic attack or near panic attack if I see them.  My bed is actually inside a big bug tent.   It is ironic because I tend to feel affection for all creatures.  I have experienced hypersensitivity on my skin during a full blown panic attack or limited symptom attack and perhaps that is similar?  It is only recently that I have learned about limited symptom panic attacks where some but not all the symptoms of an panic are present.  Do you think you may be in a kind of panic when you see bugs or am I way off track?  Sorry you are having these experiences no matter the what the cause.  Those experiences sound just horrible. 

Hmm, I'm not sure.  I don't think I have a phobia of bugs but I don't like them.  I'll have to pay more attention to my emotions next time it happens.

3 minutes ago, Ba3inga said:

Have you looked up fornication?  

My vitamin b levels were low, and my skin felt like it was crawling, or itchy.

Sorry l'm not much help, it must be frustrating.

I keep getting b-12 deficiency but I take it regularly now.  It on'y happens when I see the bugs first.  It lasts as long as it takes to brush the bug feeling off. 

Posted · Report post  

Just now, Teddy545 said:

I keep getting b-12 deficiency but I take it regularly now.  It on'y happens when I see the bugs first.  It lasts as long as it takes to brush the bug feeling off. 

Just speculating, do you think it could possibly be like a memory association thing? Seeing a bug reminds you of that sensation type thing.  Also, hope this doesn't sound rude enquiring, do you have ocd?

Posted · Report post  

25 minutes ago, Ba3inga said:

Just speculating, do you think it could possibly be like a memory association thing? Seeing a bug reminds you of that sensation type thing.  Also, hope this doesn't sound rude enquiring, do you have ocd?

I'm not sure if I have bad memories of bugs being on me, I don't think so.  It could have been when I was young and don't remember.  I don't think I had the feeling when I was young because I had a bug catching kit I liked to play with.  I'm not sure when the bug feelings started.  I don't have ocd. 

Posted · Report post  

1 minute ago, Teddy545 said:

I'm not sure if I have bad memories of bugs being on me, I don't think so.  It could have been when I was young and don't remember.  I don't think I had the feeling when I was young because I had a bug catching kit I liked to play with.  I'm not sure when the bug feelings started.  I don't have ocd. 

I was just wondering if it was not so much a bad memory, but kind of like you see someone yawn, and end up yawning yourself ( which just now done with typing it).

I hope someone comes up with something better, sorry.

Posted · Report post  

Just now, Ba3inga said:

I was just wondering if it was not so much a bad memory, but kind of like you see someone yawn, and end up yawning yourself ( which just now done with typing it).

I hope someone comes up with something better, sorry.

Oh, I didn't understand you meant it like that, It could be.  It's not that something that effects my life that much, I don't think you have anything to be sorry for.  

Posted · Report post  

31 minutes ago, Teddy545 said:

Oh, I didn't understand you meant it like that, It could be.  It's not that something that effects my life that much, I don't think you have anything to be sorry for.  

I'm glad it's not effecting your life too much and thank you.

Posted · Report post  

My plant has aphids or something.  I don't think I feel panicky about it.  Even looking at pictures to figure out what the bugs are, I feel like they are inside my ears.  I'm going to put a layer of sand in the planter and hope they go away, lol.

Posted · Report post  

1 hour ago, Teddy545 said:

My plant has aphids or something.  I don't think I feel panicky about it.  Even looking at pictures to figure out what the bugs are, I feel like they are inside my ears.  I'm going to put a layer of sand in the planter and hope they go away, lol.

You've got me scratching now lol

Posted · Report post  

A house centipede was running right at my feet. I do get more of a fear reaction from centipedes, my ears start ringing.  I feel like it's in my hair and my shirt. 

Posted · Report post  

Hi Teddy -- Tactile hallucinations are a little bit more difficult than auditory, however, one thing to focus on is your reactions to them. So for example, I tend to have "black" leather gloves on my hands and my voices will say "He's black" -- meaning I'm with those voices and not with the others.

Although this is a simple example, it's useful to bear in mind how you react to any given stimulus. So, if fear is a reaction that's strong, think about why you’re fearful of them, and then test it out to see if what you are seeing, is in fact, a hallucination or real.

If it’s real then it will be seen by other people and you will have their input, if it’s not real, then you can say that it’s a hallucination and can write it off as one. If the itching is severe to the point where you’re harming your body, speak with your GP about any cream you could take. It might also be a good idea to look into CBT to try and understand your thinking processes behind the itching.

Tungsten.

Posted · Report post  

Actually, I don't think it's ever happened with I was around other people.  I all ready know it's not real because I can only feel a bug but not see one.  I'm not harming my body so that's good. 

The only thing like it I can find is delusional parasitosis but I know it's not real and I don't think I'm infested. 

Posted · Report post  

Maybe I'm usually kind of itchy a lot of the time but it doesn't bother me until I see bugs and then think they could be on me.  I carry a back scratcher in my purse, that must be it.