Sign in to follow this  
Debbers

What Makes You Laugh?

They say laughter is the best medicine.  Funny is a tough thing for a lot of us.  Nonetheless, I think "funny," if you're willing and able to do it, is a good practice.                                                        

For example, when I get to see a film that I once found significant in my life when I was young and I realize how contrived the writing actually was,                                                                       how poorly acted it was and how silly the styles were that I actually thought were cool, that strikes me funny.

Please share what makes you laugh.  

Epictetus,

I know, right!!??  That was such a great era.  My partner and I are binge watchers!  I have a new fondness for Don Knotts after seeing all the old Andy Griffith Shows too.  

Do you have a favorite I Love Lucy and Seinfeld?

When l'm close with someone, and you have that kind of relationship where you can make fun of each other. Twist each others words around etc.

Murphy's law

Dead snow 2 had me giggling

Quoting shows and making references with my sister. (Bananas are good)

Watching the 5 minute video I made of her grabbing my feet and shrieking "I've got your foot!"

Particularly well written and funny fan fiction.

Really bad memes.

My own attempts at writing fanfics from years ago (thank goodness I've improved)

Anything of the Spy Kids movies or Sharkboy and Lavagirl because of how bad they are

Spending time with my friends

Bugs Bunny cartoons (for example "Knighty Kniight" with characters like like Sir Osis of Liver and Sir Loin of Beef) . . . ha ha ha ha ha ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!

Edited by womanofthelight

54 minutes ago, womanofthelight said:

Bugs Bunny cartoons (for example "Knighty Kniight" with characters like like Sir Osis of Liver and Sir Loin of Beef) . . . ha ha ha ha ha ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!

rotfl along with you :)

16 minutes ago, StoniumFrog said:

Doug Stanhope (yeah I know, not for everyone) and Taz!

Wow!  Thanks for this, StoniumFrog!  Just watched him on YouTube!  Genius! 

Fart & poop jokes. Like that standup special by Rory Scovel - "sharty party" - it's the last time i really had a good laugh. Yup.. if u know any joke like those, hit me with it ! (with farts & poops, yeah)

On 22/7/2017 at 8:48 PM, Debbers said:

Wow!  Thanks for this, StoniumFrog!  Just watched him on YouTube!  Genius! 

@Debbers - he definitely ain't going to be booked for the Church Christmas Party :-)

25 minutes ago, StoniumFrog said:

@Debbers - he definitely ain't going to be booked for the Church Christmas Party :-)

Haha, I've got "No Refunds" playing on YT right now!!!!  He's *illing it!  

On 21/07/2017 at 0:46 AM, Debbers said:
Advertisement

For example, when I get to see a film that I once found significant in my life when I was young and I realize how contrived the writing actually was,                                                                       how poorly acted it was and how silly the styles were that I actually thought were cool, that strikes me funny.

This has happened to me before with films, but it instead always find it patronising and condescending rather than funny.

I always found the TV show Fonejacker to be funny,

1 hour ago, Mark250 said:

This has happened to me before with films, but it instead always find it patronising and condescending rather than funny.

I always found the TV show Fonejacker to be funny,

(Taking a note here to look up Fonejacker on UK YouTube).  Thanks, Mark250!

Sign in to follow this