I am suddenly mad

54 minutes ago, 20YearsandCounting said:

Welcome to DF, doggo.  :console:  How are you doing now?  Are you still struggling with anger?

I am good today, i talked to a psych yesterday. but we talked more about SELFISHNESS> my psych told me to focus on helping other people and be selfless. What do you think?

Also this quote of yours is good 
'Religion is for people who are afraid of going to hell. Spirituality is for those who have already been there.'            
            -Vine Deloria, Sioux

but can you explain this more? "Spirituality is for those who have already been there.'  "

Welcome!  

I am so sorry to hear about your anger.  Try to think about the last time you didn't feel angry and really reflect on if anything happened between then and when the anger suddenly came on.  

I am glad you go to talk to someone because professionals are great with anger management. 

I hope you feel better.

2 hours ago, Doggo said:

I am good today, i talked to a psych yesterday. but we talked more about SELFISHNESS> my psych told me to focus on helping other people and be selfless. What do you think?

Also this quote of yours is good 
'Religion is for people who are afraid of going to hell. Spirituality is for those who have already been there.'            
            -Vine Deloria, Sioux

but can you explain this more? "Spirituality is for those who have already been there.'  "

Hi Doggo,

I really think the selfless thing works.  I like to let off steam physically by forcing myself to hike.  Once I get started, I do like it.  It's just getting the inertia to get going that gets me most.  But when I'm out walking or hiking, I think about the same thing your psych shared with you and try to stay in that zone.  When I practice it a lot, my mind just goes to that zone more naturally than on the cynical side.  If that makes sense?   

1 hour ago, ChilledXbox said:

Hi! Let  me ask you whenever you are mad, what do you usually do  to relieve your temper? what's your outlet?

I play loud music (earphones) and i dont talk to anyone 

I drink and smoke after i work 

then

i eat and sleep 

REPEAT 

2 hours ago, Debbers said:

Hi Doggo,

I really think the selfless thing works.  I like to let off steam physically by forcing myself to hike.  Once I get started, I do like it.  It's just getting the inertia to get going that gets me most.  But when I'm out walking or hiking, I think about the same thing your psych shared with you and try to stay in that zone.  When I practice it a lot, my mind just goes to that zone more naturally than on the cynical side.  If that makes sense?   

It makes a lot of sense. so does that mean that its all mind over matter?  
Yes. Exercise produces happy hormones, i'm also advised to do any kind of exercise. :)  good for you Debbers! 

6 hours ago, Doggo said:

It makes a lot of sense. so does that mean that its all mind over matter?  
Yes. Exercise produces happy hormones, i'm also advised to do any kind of exercise. :)  good for you Debbers! 

Hi Doggo!  Good question regarding mind over matter!  A lady I know is a retired nurse.  She did it for years.  She worked psych care and other.  She said the secret is adaptivity.  I'm inclined to think she's right.  Great seeing you on the boards!  :) Deb

14 hours ago, Debbers said:

Hi Doggo!  Good question regarding mind over matter!  A lady I know is a retired nurse.  She did it for years.  She worked psych care and other.  She said the secret is adaptivity.  I'm inclined to think she's right.  Great seeing you on the boards!  :) Deb

Dear Debbers

Thank you so much for your input, I must say that you are one smart woman, and you are really helping me a lot with my issues. Adaptivity is the same with resiliency if i'm not mistaken, and yes i do think that each and everyone has different coping mechanism that works for them. I will try to incorporate what you said in my life. I will practice daily and be in the zone. Thank you! Sending my virtual hug! 

23 minutes ago, MusicalGrape said:

You need a person who you can tell the stories you got, also make your daily lifestyle more productive like doing some bloodwork, labs, exercise etc.

whats your job? sunce you mentioned bloodwork and labs.