Don't know what to even do now

CrazyWulf

My worst nightmare has finally happened....Knock on door at 4am, it's tow truck here to repo my car. I have absolutely no idea what to do now. I have 2 kids to take care of, but now no way to get to the grocery store or laundromat for even the most basic needs for them. Closest grocery store is about 5 miles away, so 10 miles round trip which is too much for kids especially as it's been getting hot this time of year. I have no friends/family to turn to...... I get less than $300/month in cash benefits and half of that goes towards my public housing and a couple of other minor bills which now don't even know how I can go to pay since the office is close to 10 miles away.

I'm just sitting here in shock right now otherwise would definitely be breaking down in full blown panic attack. I really have no idea what I am going to do. I supposed to have my first real psych evaluation next month which I was excited about but that's 30+ miles away.... I may be able to get a taxi or uber for quick trips to the store but to transport an entire months of groceries would take several trips and no way could afford it. Looks like round trip with Uber to store would be $30 and I assume would be rude not to tip a couple bucks or more.

I am just really lost here on what I am going to do now. Had a meeting setup with necac tomorrow to get a babysitter worked out so I could start trying to work for some extra money but guess that's gone...... Man I am so screwed....

Yea but do not know them.    One of my conditions is that I suffer from severe social anxiety/phobia.    If I see anyone outside just walking or kids playing in the area I can't even take my dogs outside to do their business.  I have to get my mail late at night because even if I see someone sitting on their porch a few houses down I have to stay inside.  So honestly even if you lived in the same town as me just the thought of having you take me to the store freaks me out.  

Thank you for suggestions though

That sucks :( I don't have a car either and shopping is a huge pain in the ass even though I live in the city, can't imagine what it would be like with the store being so far away. Have you checked if there's a chain that delivers? Where I lived before Giant Food had a delivery service called Peapod, it worked quite well and the delivery charge was minimal. A lot of non-perishables can also be ordered through Amazon. 

Nobody delivers groceries around here like that.   There might be some kind of "meals on wheels"program for the elderly but kinda even doubt that since this is mostly a college town.   I know our Wal-Mart can prepare a cart online for you but for food all I have is food stamps which is not accepted for that.   Haven't checked but doubt Amazon would have a way to accept food stamps either

In that case your best option may be to post a carpooling ad on a local bulletin board or in a newspaper to see if someone else who lives close by and is headed to the store could just take you with them, that way you would only have to chip in for gas money which would be cheaper than an Uber. The other option is asking for help at the local church, even if you're not a member they may have someone there who is willing to help you. A lot of churches try to help people who are struggling with things like that.