My life is a continuous loop and I have no motivation

BadForYou

I've been depressed for a very long time (im 16 now) and it seems like i go through a cycle where i feel like i have motivation to do things but it's always easier said than done until i actually try and it seems like failing everything (in school and in general) and falling down to my depression in a deep pit where suicide is innevitable is much easier than making a life for myself. the worst part is, i am extremely smart, i have a 135 iq, and have an extrordinary amount of potential but i have absoluutely no drive to apply my gifts in intelligence, art, music, or politics, in anything. I see my future as being an innevitable downhill slope where i fail high school, then college, then settle for a bad job i hate and quit on too, and eventually **** myself after becoming a societal leech. all of my closest friends agree with me that this is going to happen and dont care as though its an unfixable problem and the only person that recognizes any good in me is my girlfriend. In the past 3 years, medicine, counselling, nor time in a mental hospital has helped me. where do i go from here?

You are so young and so wise beyond your years. I think maybe you need to seek new friends because it sounds like the ones you have now aren't very understanding or supportive. Just remember that everyone fails at some point and you just have to keep trying and trying until one day you finally succeed. Like you said yourself, it is easier said than done. It's so discouraging to fail at something and makes you not want to continue. But the more you persevere, even when you think it's hopeless, the stronger you will find yourself becoming.

You sound like a very insightful and intelligent person, the kind of person this world needs more of!

I really should take my own advice too, because I suffer from these exact same fears. Don't give up!

Nyo-ho! I never expected someone with a Gyro Zeppeli pic. You remind me of myself when I was your age. High School can be very tough, but you will eventually make it, as a lot of people don't really care about what happened in high school or whether or not one got bad grades or was popular when you are in College, since people worry about their own things. You are a highly intelligent person and you're still trying to find yourself. There's no need to rush everything. You still have a lot to live for. Not everyone is perfect and can't make mistakes, because that's what makes us human. Message me if you're interested to talk some more.

On 6/21/2017 at 6:06 PM, BadForYou said:
Advertisement

I've been depressed for a very long time (im 16 now) and it seems like i go through a cycle where i feel like i have motivation to do things but it's always easier said than done until i actually try and it seems like failing everything (in school and in general) and falling down to my depression in a deep pit where suicide is innevitable is much easier than making a life for myself. the worst part is, i am extremely smart, i have a 135 iq, and have an extrordinary amount of potential but i have absoluutely no drive to apply my gifts in intelligence, art, music, or politics, in anything. I see my future as being an innevitable downhill slope where i fail high school, then college, then settle for a bad job i hate and quit on too, and eventually **** myself after becoming a societal leech. all of my closest friends agree with me that this is going to happen and dont care as though its an unfixable problem and the only person that recognizes any good in me is my girlfriend. In the past 3 years, medicine, counselling, nor time in a mental hospital has helped me. where do i go from here?

Woooo 16 dont let your depressioj fool you at such a young age into thinking you have to no future. Dont let it create it for you. If your depression doesnt sound too heavenly cripling yet so if you can try to do the opposite of what it wants! Dont let the world be depraved of your presence and your abilities. At 16 I wish I would have taken more time to learn things. Theres just something about learning new things like doing art an insturment or learning new stuff that really opens your mind to knowing what you want and who you are. Also **** your friends for telling you that. And **** whosever telling you that youre right about having a bad future their wrong. You sound smart and you sound like youre capable of learning and doing a lot! We need more youngsters like you!! Make the future better for yourself and others. 16 is young as hell bro you can do and be who you want to be its not easy at all especially not with depression but at 16 especially theres room for ****ed ups and possibilities of going up in life if you go for it. Keep us posted when you're feeling down! Best of luck to you