Advertisement
  • Announcements

• Lindsay

A Reminder that we are a PG13 Site   12/09/2016

Please keep in mind that NO content can be posted that is not PG13!  No sexual content and definitely not images which is not permitted in a post! We will delete it.  Not even memes or humorous images should be posted, if you want these forums to continue. NO IMAGES! If you want to post an image, post the URL pointing it to your gallery.  Again, Depressionforums.org is PG13!! Thank you~ ~Forum Admin  
Teddy545

I need a case manager or something

16 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post  

Advertisement

I feel like I can't handle paper work.  I had some case managers through this northwest community support program.  For some reason everyone in the program doesn't want to help me, I'm not sure why.  The case managers I had there quit on me.  When I call there no one will call me back.  I don't know where else to get help.

You might also be interested in:

Posted (edited) · Report post  

1 hour ago, Epictetus said:

Case manager?

They're like a social worker I think.  I got one when I was in the hospital for mental illness reasons.  She helped me get SSI, MSA and section 8, I need more help with the paper work for those things. They get payed by the government to help people. 

Edited by Teddy545

Posted · Report post  

I'm getting extreme anxiety because the management at my apartment is supposed to send section 8 a 2 month notice of rent change. The first time I called them the woman I talked to was angry and had my information wrong.  I called today but they didn't call back, I'm not sure what to do about this. 

Posted · Report post  

Just now, Epictetus said:

Oh I see.  I heard that kind of paperwork can be challenging to the say the least!  I hope someone calls you back soon. 

Thank you, me too. 

Posted · Report post  

4 hours ago, Teddy545 said:
Advertisement

I feel like I can't handle paper work.  I had some case managers through this northwest community support program.  For some reason everyone in the program doesn't want to help me, I'm not sure why.  The case managers I had there quit on me.  When I call there no one will call me back.  I don't know where else to get help.

I didn't know these existed either.  I lost a job a few months ago while I was in a drug trial for a synthesized version of ketamine.  The nurse practitioner, who actually ran most of the mechanics of the study and was great, went way above her responsibilities and helped me apply for medicaid and get connected with local community center and a case manager and psychiatrist at no cost to me, including the medications.  This has been huge.

I didn't understand what a caseworker/manager/coordinator was, and initially it was miss-communicated to me that she was a therapist.  She is by training, but she is not acting as such to much extent.  But she is helpful, and besides for the most part, I don't really desire or primarily need a 'trained psychotherapist' reflecting or advising or listening to me.  Not minimizing their value; many are doing 'god's work' for sure, but timing and fit are key, and other needs can supersede this by a wide margin.

This is the context in which you want to be a very squeaky wheel and be pleasantly persistent.  Find someone at that community center who is decent and gives a darn.  Keep at it.  Help them help you as I'm sure you are, but find someone.  You know they're helping someone.  I know the feeling you're describing very well I think, and I have found staying on top of paperwork (and now electronic records) daunting, and I'm an attorney where this was a key part of my livelihood for years. 

Keep at it.  If the first, second, and third person doesn't help, find that fourth person.

Posted · Report post  

2 hours ago, Teddy545 said:

I'm getting extreme anxiety because the management at my apartment is supposed to send section 8 a 2 month notice of rent change. The first time I called them the woman I talked to was angry and had my information wrong.  I called today but they didn't call back, I'm not sure what to do about this. 

Some community centers' funding comes from a variety of sources.  In general, I would seek to avoid people getting you off the line and offering to call you back.  This can take more time, but if you are able to keep them on the line or ask to speak with someone else, I would.

Posted · Report post  

40 minutes ago, gandolfication said:

Some community centers' funding comes from a variety of sources.  In general, I would seek to avoid people getting you off the line and offering to call you back.  This can take more time, but if you are able to keep them on the line or ask to speak with someone else, I would.

Yeah, I could call someone else at the management company.  The reason I'm calling them again is because I had to sign a new lease before they could send the 2 month notice. It's really complicated what's going on with this.  I called this one woman because she's the one that works with section 8.  Both her and section 8 were angry when I called. I'm not sure what happens if they don't send the notice in.

Posted · Report post  

I called someone else, they said they sent the new lease in so that should be good.  The person I talked to was rude, maybe somethings going on in the office. When I've called them before they weren't rude or angry.

Posted · Report post  

On 6/19/2017 at 8:26 PM, Teddy545 said:

Yeah, I could call someone else at the management company.  The reason I'm calling them again is because I had to sign a new lease before they could send the 2 month notice. It's really complicated what's going on with this.  I called this one woman because she's the one that works with section 8.  Both her and section 8 were angry when I called. I'm not sure what happens if they don't send the notice in.

It sounds like they need some good gonja.  It needed to be said.

Posted · Report post  

On 6/20/2017 at 10:22 AM, Teddy545 said:

I called someone else, they said they sent the new lease in so that should be good.  The person I talked to was rude, maybe somethings going on in the office. When I've called them before they weren't rude or angry.

I figure that people are usually rude or antisocial because of cap in their lives.  Doesn't really warrant or excuse it, but it helps me deal with them rather than telling them off in my own passive-aggressive way (most of the time).

Posted (edited) · Report post  

Section 8 just sent me an email saying they got the rent increase notification.  I feel so much better now! :emoticon-0141-whew:

Edited by Teddy545

Posted · Report post  

13 minutes ago, Teddy545 said:

Section 8 just sent me an email saying they got the rent increase notification.  I feel so much better now! :emoticon-0141-whew:

cool.

It is funny (and kind of amazing) how much a little thing can relieve anxiety and help us feel better.