Sign in to follow this  
Atron

Dealing with the ups and downs

How do you guys deal with your ups and downs? Most days I feel pretty rubbish, occasionally I have pretty good days. I never seem to have a 'normal' day. How do you cope with having almost no control over your mood? It doesn't matter what I do but I can never shake how I feel that day.

One possible trick is to store some positive energy when you are having a good day so you can count on it when you are feeling down.

I think of my depression as a metaphorical cave.

I  try my best to put my depression to use.

It just might be easier than you think.

Well I just watch tv series, you know? I try to put my attention elsewhere, alway from all my problems and stuff. Sometimes I draw, because I love drawning, or sometimes I write poems, stories. Distractions are the best medicine!

I fake it on my bad days until I get to bed and then pray the next day will be better. I just keep doing that until it is better. Some days I just can't help it and I blow up. But that's rare.

When I use to have time, I would watch funny TV (like the daily show, parks & rec, southpark) to distract myself and that was very effective.

When I am suffering ups and downs I usually try to "talk" to my brain as though it were a beloved child in my care.  I try to comfort and console it, encourage it and show it understanding.  If things are really bad I just "silently" tell my brain:  "I love you.  I am here for you.  We will get through this together" and things like that.  I wish I could write more about this but I am suffering pain in my hands from tendinitis, so I must stop typing now.  I am so sorry you are suffering ! ! ! ! !

I have those days too, I mostly get them at work or when I'm with my boyfriend, it's so hard to cover up when you have your ups and downs because it can really show with me sometimes and the only thing I do is try and think of alternatives or think what can I do later when I'm home? Or what can I do and I try just occupying my mind by constantly thinking of what il do for me sometimes it's something as small as what can I have for tea? Or what songs to listen to or just playing on my switch.

i know it's not much but I hope it helps xx