Donate Now Read more... √ó
June322

Has anyone else felt this complete disconnect from reality from depression and anxiety? Just me ūüė©

On 6/13/2017 at 7:51 PM, Nastyab said:

I understand what you mean. Sometimes it seems people around me are going about their lives, busy getting things done, moving forward, setting goals, etc.... while my life is standing still...as if I'm watching things around me in slow motion...I guess keeping busy can help get you into the swing of things...

Mine is the opposite im completly stunted by how quickly time is going. It freaks me out how fast time goes. But other than that I agree its depressing to see others move foward while being in the same spot ourselves: /

I can relate to the disconnection. I feel I'm on the outside looking in. everything lacks emotional depth. all I see is greyscale, black and white. people seem so far away, but I cherish those small moments when you have a literal connection with someone. it's so nice.

I've disconnected enough to where I was dead certain that I was already dead and that I was in hell, surely convinced, and the only means of escape to sanctity was to discover how I 'died'. it was an emotional rollercoaster.

this was a psychotic break, and what a ride it was. I still haven't recovered from the first one. this kind of stuff lingers for months.

-myth

Iv felt like this too where you get to the point where you don't even feel anything your just empty and you feel still while life is just moving around you. Iv tried to get more involved with my family and friends, trying to include myself in things to just try and help, sometimes it does which is why I carry on for the moments I do feel anything. X

Yes! Lately I feel almost like I'm dreaming. On Saturday I was walking across the crosswalk and this big truck kept inching into the crosswalk, like he didn't even see me. I barely reacted even though he was inches away from me - just raised my eyebrows at him (this is especially weird because I've been hit by a car before and am usually hyper-vigilant about pedestrian safety). Then I got accused of stealing at a grocery store on Sunday and even though I was totally humiliated and angry, I was talking to the security guard almost like I was amused by the situation (I wasn't...at all...).

It's like I can feel these emotions inside but they aren't expressing themselves normally. It's a different feeling from simply wanting to react a certain way but being scared of other people's reaction. I feel more and more detached, from myself and those around me.

On 6/9/2017 at 4:24 PM, Maryyy said:

But Mine is like complete existential crisis where i get this terrifying feeling of the whole world around me being fake and I feel like were all in constant danger ūüė©

I haven't read all of the thread, but saw this and it perfectly describes the feeling I've had lately.

It's like instead of being able to be engaged in life, I can only see it all as if from above and how pointless 90% of things people do and care about are.

I felt that way more acutely while I was being treated in a psychiatric hospital for severe depression and for about a year and a half after that.  The first weeks and months were the worst.  The experience is etched deeply in my memory and sometimes I still feel like that but not to the same intensity.  So sorry to everyone who is suffering this ! ! !

On 6/27/2017 at 1:31 PM, myth said:

I can relate to the disconnection. I feel I'm on the outside looking in. everything lacks emotional depth. all I see is greyscale, black and white. people seem so far away, but I cherish those small moments when you have a literal connection with someone. it's so nice.

I've disconnected enough to where I was dead certain that I was already dead and that I was in hell, surely convinced, and the only means of escape to sanctity was to discover how I 'died'. it was an emotional rollercoaster.

this was a psychotic break, and what a ride it was. I still haven't recovered from the first one. this kind of stuff lingers for months.

-myth

Yeah you see im probably going to make a post about that. I think now going trough what i have I now understand why some people go "crazy"  or sound like it when going trough this. The anxiety and depression does so much stuff to us mentally and physically that rational thoughts doesnt exist for us. Were not in a rational state. The way anxiety makes us feel is so insane that we start to come up with these wild ass theories as an explanation to these bizarre horrible feelings we experience .

On 6/27/2017 at 5:57 PM, evalynn said:

That feeling of unreality is even worse than feeling sad.

Indeed it is Evalynn ūüė© it almost makes you wish you just experience the regular crippling feeling of depression rather than feel as if you dont feel and youre living in a fake world not sure what anything is and not feeling grounded.

On 6/27/2017 at 4:52 PM, Epictetus said:

I felt that way more acutely while I was being treated in a psychiatric hospital for severe depression and for about a year and a half after that.  The first weeks and months were the worst.  The experience is etched deeply in my memory and sometimes I still feel like that but not to the same intensity.  So sorry to everyone who is suffering this ! ! !

Im so glad to hear that you havent experience that degree of depression and disconnect! You deserve sanity and peace of mind! Youre a very kind soul sending you love and peace ! ūüôƂ̧

On 6/27/2017 at 3:38 PM, skblue said:

I haven't read all of the thread, but saw this and it perfectly describes the feeling I've had lately.

It's like instead of being able to be engaged in life, I can only see it all as if from above and how pointless 90% of things people do and care about are.

Exactly. Its like somehow everyone wearing these glass where they see life as beautiful and sunny and ours only permit it as seeing it ugly and foggy. Its hatd very hard to find enjoyment in things and its not even trying to be a pessimistic its just hard to put into words... Sad to hear you can relate hope we both find contentment soon life is too short man to live it feeling this way 

On 6/27/2017 at 1:48 PM, Hayleydrops said:

Iv felt like this too where you get to the point where you don't even feel anything your just empty and you feel still while life is just moving around you. Iv tried to get more involved with my family and friends, trying to include myself in things to just try and help, sometimes it does which is why I carry on for the moments I do feel anything. X

Yes its truly difficult especially if youre doing something you typically enjoy or are with someone you like and it sucks that even in those moments you sometimes feel Nothing. Glad youre find few moments of enjoyment with family and friends!

On 6/8/2017 at 10:18 AM, Maryyy said:
Advertisement

Feels like im the only one whos depression and anxiety has gotten so high thats its not even that im sad anymore it just feels like ive completly checked out. Every single time I step outside I look at my surroundings and it seems like im living in somebody play house or something. I feel like one day im going to have a total psychotic break or something. Its such an odd horrible feeling to feel like youre stuck in this weird lucid dream. Man I wish I had someone to talk to about this stuff so I can feel less weird ūüė© I wonder if ill feep human and look at the world the same anymore¬†

@Maryyy, Same. You're not alone feeling like this. I keep my mind busy with work. Or is this means I'm running from reality. I don't know. I can't leave my mind even a little space that is free from doing nothing. The demon will instantly creep in. As if the demon is always there near me waiting to go in my mind if I I'm free from being busy. I can't even be in a silent environment, even for a few seconds. I'll switch on the tv once I enter my house. My job and DF are my escapism. Escapism from I don't know what.