Sign in to follow this  
Corbin

I feel like a terrible son and person for not getting along with my parents

I know the past few months have been me venting a lot about my parents and my employment situation, but I managed to go to college despite being 60 or miles close to Montreal and having mostly online-only courses. A lot of the on-campus courses tend to be advanced, so I was unable to sign up for anything other than my current classes: Math, Global History, and Intro to Computing and Web. The problem I have with myself regarding school and family is that I don't have any friends or anyone to talk to, so I am (almost) completely on my own, but I guess the same could be said for everyone else here (almost). I got a 2 bedroom dorm, but it seems that I don't have a roommate yet, so it's likely I'll be spending the semester alone, also. As for family, I feel like I disappoint them a lot  because I can't seem to control myself due to how easily irritated I am with them. I often get angry with them because I feel like I can't talk to them like people. They get so emotional all the time and I feel like I disappoint myself because we argue and curse at each other so much. My Dad doesn't want to spend time with me and my Mom is hiding behind a mirror because she thinks that moving to the apartment helped solve all our problems, while it didn't. While the notion of the apartment isn't important, my relationship with my parents is. I'm scared and I hate myself for cursing at them, despite my Mom giving me the finger after getting angry at Dad for not helping or listening to her.

I don't know...I'm just...scared and lonely...I pressured myself to go to college despite my mental condition and lack of summer courses or lack thereof...all for the sake that I could gain some distance between my parents. I just hope I can pass or finish this course, even though it's my first day...I'm so scared...I need help...

When I was arguing with my mother, she said that I needed to be quiet, even though I was, but when we started arguing, I started mentioning the fact that I wanted old people to die faster, mainly due to my frustration with them. The human race is so violent and the reason why I said that was due to my frustration with the apartment and town and how one of the barber's was a psychopath (my mother mentioned to me how he messed up some kids arm almost 10 years ago) and every time I see him, I just wish he were dead.

Edited by Corbin

If college doesn't work, are there any other programs that I may enroll in, specifically those regarding computers and STEM?

I've worked in the computer science and engineering fields, and there is high demand for each, especially high for CS. One of my coworkers is completely self-taught and he's one of the best programmers I know.... if you're interested in computers, I'd highly recommend a career in computer science. Demand is extremely high pretty much across the planet right now. 

Many of my friends did engineering tech school, which was a 2-year program. They got great jobs and are very employable. 

Sorry to hear about your parents, that sounds like a very stressful situation. Hope your school turns out alright. How is it after the first few days?

On ‎6‎/‎7‎/‎2017 at 10:16 AM, copic said:

I've worked in the computer science and engineering fields, and there is high demand for each, especially high for CS. One of my coworkers is completely self-taught and he's one of the best programmers I know.... if you're interested in computers, I'd highly recommend a career in computer science. Demand is extremely high pretty much across the planet right now. 

Many of my friends did engineering tech school, which was a 2-year program. They got great jobs and are very employable. 

Sorry to hear about your parents, that sounds like a very stressful situation. Hope your school turns out alright. How is it after the first few days?

Dropped out after realizing it wasn't for me. I'm going back in August to another CC. My mother today called my sister a Biotch after some arguing about nonsense.

On 7/2/2017 at 10:22 AM, copic said:

@corbin Sorry to hear that. What are you thinking of studying in August?

Unfortunately, I had to postpone that to January to make money since we're on a financial crux. Fortunately, I got a job at a pet resort, but the applications are on halt, so that means I'm wait-listed. I'm still accepted, but not at the moment.

As for what I want to study, I think a medicine or science/STEM would work best. Something that would help people's lives. I just hope my math skills are up to par.

Today, my mom and sister left to Maine. It's an 8 hour drive from here to there and it's better that I didn't go with them considering how emotional everyone was this morning.