Advertisement
  • Announcements

• Lindsay

A Reminder that we are a PG13 Site   12/09/2016

Please keep in mind that NO content can be posted that is not PG13!  No sexual content and definitely not images which is not permitted in a post! We will delete it.  Not even memes or humorous images should be posted, if you want these forums to continue. NO IMAGES! If you want to post an image, post the URL pointing it to your gallery.  Again, Depressionforums.org is PG13!! Thank you~ ~Forum Admin  
Sign in to follow this  
Ashwyn

How long does Paxil withdrawal last ?

2 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post  

Advertisement

Hello,

I would like some help on this and I would be thankful for the answers...

I was on Pail 12.5 mg CR for six years, I used to cut the drug in half and take 6.2 mg in the morning, 6.2 mg in afternoon and 6.2 mg in evening. I used to often increase and decrease the Mg intake depending on the situations in my life, but during a doctor visit lately he adviced me not to do that as paxil CR does not work when cut, so I switched to Paxil 10 mg and stated taking 10mg in morning, afternoon and evening, so i was now on 30 mg of the medicine per day. 

Now i have worked my way again down to 5mg in morning, evening and night over a period of one month and it has been terrible time for me, I had very bad withdrawals, lots of continuous anxiety, stress, worries, OCD, motions etc .

My girlfriend also ditched me when she came to know I am on Paxil, it was very sad for me. We very supposed to even get married and I loved her but she left me even without giving me one chance to explain to her..

I am now facing very bad withdrawal symptoms but I don't want to increase the dose again, I want to get rid of this medecine.

I wanted to know how long would these side effects last and would they ever go or would I have to life long be on Paxil and how I should taper them from here, also I wanted to know if there is any other medicine to help me along the way which could assist me in getting rid of Paxil dependency and also which would help me in the withdrawal symptoms as the withdrawal is very terrifying   ??

Thank you..

You might also be interested in:

Posted · Report post  

Your doctor was right. Paxil CR is not meant to be cut in two. That is why there is no line on the pill indicating that it can be cut. Whatever problem you were having with it, you should have explained to the doctor and have him either raise the dose or lower it as needed. 

Why are you working on getting off the medication by the way? Why exactly do you want to get rid of the medicine? Is this approved by your doctor?

Last year, I completely stopped taking Paxil in August and had no issues--- withdrawal symptoms etc. -- However, 4 months later, I was back to my pre-medication self and I was reminded of why I went on medication in the first place. So I am back on meds again, and this time, for good. 

If the medication is to help treat a mental illness you are dealing with, try to make certain you work with your doctor rather than assuming you know better.