daily use of benzos for depression/anxiety

tpman

does anyone here have any experience taking benzos on a daily basis which helps with severe anxiety and suicidal depression... i'm in pretty bad shape I have some much anxiety/agitation that I feel I can't control doing harm to myself... 

but I no benzos are bad and can make things worse.. 

any one have experience with daily benzo use thank u

I used to take 4mg Klonopin + 12.5mg Metoprolol (beta blocker) daily and Xanax as needed for several years to handle my anxiety and panic disorder. I don't think benzos are bad, they can be very helpful but do have a significant abuse potential and many have difficulty discontinuing them. I was able to wean off over a period of about 2 months without too much difficulty, there were some uncomfortable withdrawal effects such as brain zaps and dizziness but nothing I couldn't handle. 

I took .5 mg Xanax for anxiety related insomnia and occasional day time anxiety for 6 years and .25mg for the same reasons for another 2 years. I weened off over a period of 1 month. I agree benzos are not as bad as people make them out to be. You just need to stick to your dosage and always consult your doctor first if you think you need a higher dose. It's when people start using them beyond the prescribed dosage or using them recreationally that major addiction issues arise. 

I took them for anxiety for a while.  The anxiety it caused in me trying to take them as prescribed was worse than the anxiety I had in the first place.  Some people can take them as prescribed and some people can't and you will never know which person you are until you start taking them.  It will either help and you can move on or can turn your life completely upside down.  It's like playing Russian Roulette I guess.

Yeah seroquel helps anxiety that's for sure.  The first time I took it I was in the hospital awake for 5 days and they gave me 400 milligrams of it and I couldn't stay awake or even stand up after about 30 minutes.  I was asleep for 12 hours.