I can't even title today.

Hi.

So, I'm new.

You can call me TMC.

I'm 29 (for a couple more weeks at least). Female. A mom, actually. And, I'm kind of a mess.

No, not kind of. I'm definitely a mess.

I literally can't even explain here, because it's too much. There's too much happening right now, and I am too tired and hurt too much to be able to piece my thoughts together and explain.

I'm here right this moment because I'm struggling with self-harm (not suicide) urges that are overwhelming me, and I just need to not be alone. 

Hi TMC, welcome to the forum!

I'd just like to say that there is no such thing as too many cats, as they are beautiful! :D

When I'm feeling overwhelmed, I usually take a walk outside, in the nature, by the river, by myself. Sometimes I practice some kind of walking mindfulness meditation - just walking and noticing whatever sights and sounds are in front of me, noticing as they come and go in my field of awareness. Other times I like listening to podcasts (also on a walk), it keeps me from ruminating. I've recently discovered a new podcast called 10% Happier and I like it very much. What's your favourite way of relaxing?

Um.. what's relaxing?

No, I'm kidding.

I like to ride horses, but that's not an option for me right now.

Painting... taking a bath and watching a movie. Both of which I could do tonight when I get home from work. Just...not this moment.

But maybe it'd help to focus on getting to the bath rather than getting to my next therapy appointment (Wednesday). 

Getting to tonight seems somewhat doable.

In that case, I'd recommend you to take a few moments to relax, take a few deep breaths and visualize a nice bath - the brain can't tell the difference if you're seeing something or visualizing, the chemical reaction is almost the same, so it will surely calm you down. As for painting, there are entire episodes of Bob Ross painting on youtube so that might cheer you up. Also, I'd recommend you a movie called Mary and Max, it's a very good animated movie dealing with mental illness.

Take care!

Hi TMC and welcome to df.

1 hour ago, virvellian said:

Hi TMC, welcome to the forum!

I'd just like to say that there is no such thing as too many cats, as they are beautiful! :D

I was about to the say the same. 

I hope you find some solace on df.

Take care!