Sign in to follow this  
strangebird

Cant tell if escitlopram is working

I started 5mg of escitopram on April 22 and increased to 10mg on may 8 (I think-about a week ago). Anyway, I feel like my mood has improved and oddly my sex drive has improved (also no problem with climax which is relieving) but I still feel pretty anxious. 

I have POTS/autonomic dysfunction and my cardiologist was really happy I was taking escitalopram. Said it would help a lot with POTS. I have noticed more stamina and energy. I'm also on a beta blocker.

anyway, is it still too soon to see the anxiety effects? How will I know if it's working or not?

Thanks so much.

really? my escitlopram has the opposite effect on me. my anxiety is nearly gone but my depression has lingered a lot. but  a week is not nearly enough time to see the effects, as it is a long term medicine. i didn't see the effects until about a month afterwards, but trust me, wait a littler longer before you talk to your doctor. 

(ive been on it about a year)

On 5/16/2017 at 2:20 PM, margret said:

really? my escitlopram has the opposite effect on me. my anxiety is nearly gone but my depression has lingered a lot. but  a week is not nearly enough time to see the effects, as it is a long term medicine. i didn't see the effects until about a month afterwards, but trust me, wait a littler longer before you talk to your doctor. 

(ive been on it about a year)

thanks. It's so weird how it can effect everyone so differently. I'm really eager to have my anxiety under control. i'll definitely stick with it - just anxious (ha) that it won't work.