Hello, new member here

Hi there. I stumbled upon this forum in a google search and figured i'd join. I'm 24 years old from Florida, and have been diagnosed with depression and anxiety in October 2016, but I have been suffering with both of these for longer than that. Therapy sessions worked for a bit, but I now find myself with no insurance and keeping a lot of things holed up inside of me, which definitely does not help. I lost my job in December and things have been tough, although admittedly my job was somewhat of a trigger to my anxiety and depression.

I do enjoy some things in life. I am an annual passholder at Universal Studios which definitely helps keep my mind distracted. It's one of the few things for which I can muster up the energy and desire to do. I also enjoy playing video games and it helps a lot with keeping my mind busy as well.

I currently live with my boyfriend of 2 and a half years who does not know how to deal with my mental state at all. This is turn usually aggravates situations and escalates things unnecessarily. We have been trying to work things out and for the past couple of weeks things have been better. I guess it also helps that for the past couple of weeks my state of mind has been better as well. I also have a 5 and a half year old cocker spaniel which is basically my child.  

Hi Suhi and welcome to the forum. I hope you can find help here and please make yourself at home here. You'll realise that while this condition can be debilitating, the people that suffer it are probably the most generous, caring and considerate people on the planet. We all have our own unique story to tell, but also our own unique way that we battle against depression and its nasty cohort, anxiety.

I hope things are relatively ok now.

Welcome Suhi.  I also have found the most caring, considerate and encouraging people here.  I hope that you will find the same and that the stories that you hear will encourage you that you are not alone.  I'm glad that you came across this sight!