Did my psychiatrist insult me?

cb2

When I was talking with my psychiatrist today he said that I was "painfully articulate" after I described how my medication was working out. Is this a negative or positive? It sounds like he was being rude or sarcastic and wasn't taking my feelings into consideration and blurted that out. I think he was telling me to stop talking and shutup. Should I look for a new psychiatrist?

I agree with @Teddy545, sounds like he was just empathizing. Perhaps he was a bit surprised that you provided a lot of detail, many patients are unable to accurately explain how meds make them feel.

Even in the unlikely case that he was being sarcastic I don't think that's a reason to switch unless there are other problems...  Even psychiatrists can have bad days and keep in mind that they're primarily medical doctors so they're rarely as in-tune with their patients' emotions as a psychologist would be. 

You will never know until you ask your psychiatrist  what he meant by what he said.  I would ask him during your next session.  It is difficult for the written text on a forum such as this to convey the tone in which he said the phrase in question or the precise context in which he said it.