Im tired of being broke and depressed (applying to medical school)

I am tired of being broke, I'm sick of coming home from college to a complete struggle. I'm 21 and I don't even have a car (I live in a  rural area in the middle of nowhere), I feel like a complete loser but I gave up so much to pursue my career in medicine, it has always been a full time job to me. My mom makes $200 every two weeks after bankruptcy takes her entire check, and my dad lost his job of 20 years. I can barely see walking through the house at night I'm tripping and falling over things because my mom keeps the lights off to save electricity. I am studying for the MCAT this summer as well as applying to medical school and its already going to be hard enough with the environmental stressors and trying to study on an empty stomach most days. My family did qualify for fee waiver on my application which I'm grateful for but Im still about $500 short and I have to pay my school $400 in advanced tuition by the end of the month, which is completely stressing me out considering I have to study for the MCAT full time if I want to take it in the next 3  months. I know people love to say sell your phone well it just broke recently and it probably won't ever get replaced, all I have is my laptop which all of my prep material is on which I may have to print out in case the power gets cut one day. I don't know what to do accept just accept these horrible conditions..

I hate when people say stupid crap like that. Even if you still had a phone you won't get more than a few bucks for it unless it's a fairly new iPhone or Galaxy. Electronics have virtually no resale value these days. 

It's a dangerous path to go down but considering that it's an investment in your future perhaps you could take out a cash advance on your credit card? Sure, the interest sucks but will still be way less than the loss of selling things as long as you can find a way to repay it within a reasonable amount of time after finishing the MCAT. 

It sounds like a lot of stress all financially provoked. I'm sorry you and your family are struggling. Have you considered taking out a student loan to pay the cost of the test? It'll be lower than a personal loan likely, easier to obtain, and once you pass and finish school applications and are accepted to a school, you should have zero issues gaining grants, which you could use to pay that loan off. 

Yes I agree with the others. People often use credit or take out loans without having any realistic long term plan to pay it off, so these strategies have become stigmatized. However, in your case I think it's your best bet. Life can seem overwhelming just knowing you have this big exam coming up, and you have to apply to schools etc., so just focus on your current needs, get through your exam, and then you will be able to think clearer about paying back any loans or debt you've acquired.