Sign in to follow this  
kaymichele01

Has Anyone Tried GABA?

I just recently started taking  750mg of GABA once a day. I have been on 20mg and most recently 10mg of Lexapro for 2 years as well as 150mg of Wellbutrin for about a year. Unfortunately, my insurance ran out and my medicine was WAY too expensive to keep buying so I started doing my research and found out that GABA deficiency is very similar to serotonin deficiency. When I ran out of my medication, I decided to supplement the GABA instead to see if maybe that has been my problem all along. Now disclaimer, I know you should NEVER just stop taking SSRI's EVER, it will screw you up big time, but I didn't have much of a choice here so I thought, what the hell, might as well try something rather than nothing. So far it's been almost 2 weeks and I feel the exact same as when I was on SSRI's. My obsessive thoughts are gone, no anxiety, it's like I'm on my regular meds. Normally after about 3-4 days off of my meds, my mind starts racing, I get brain zaps, I am obsessing over everything and I just feel terrible but so far 2 WHOLE WEEKS in and I feel normal. I may just fall in love with this stuff. Anyone else tried it and had good results??

I have tried GABA and it was very effective at calming me down. I actually forgot all about it until this post! I should try it again. I do take calcium and magnesium at night to sleep (along with unisom AND "snooze-in"). I ran out of calcium and magnesium so I didn't take them Friday and then I barely slept that night. I didn't realize the effect they had was so powerful!