Extreme isolation and loneliness

Polarver

Over the last 3 years I've been isolating myself more and more. It's gotten to the point where I can barely walk outside of my house. I'm only around people who aren't my family when I go to therapy once a week. I have lost all of my friends and don't have anyone but family left but I can't talk to them and we aren't close. I've never been good at making and especially keeping friends I've always moved from one friend to another I've never had a big circle of friends. I don't know what to do anymore or how to make new friends since I don't have any hobbies. I've become suicidal and it's hard for me to keep going. 

I'm sorry you're struggling. Was there a trigger that started this isolation? Or was it just a random onset of depression? Have you discussed your suicidal thoughts with your doctor?

I too go from friend to friend, often with big years worth of gaps between. It has been almost three years now since I've had a friend. It's hard to handle to loneliness, but it has taught me to be more self-reliant for my happiness. I don't know if this is really a healthy way to deal with it, but is there anything you enjoy that takes you away from it mentally? Video games? Books? Sleeping? I find that immersing myself in a video game or book helps me not think about the negatives for a little while. It helps me reset my brain. 

I am here and would be very happy to chat with you, if you're up to it. I wouldn't mind having an internet buddy that can get how I feel.

@Polarver, I understand what you're saying. I don't many friends either. The few that I have are friends that I exchanging forwarded msgs that goes round in the cellphone. I prefer to stay at home rather than going out there to make friends. Same as Tid, I spend time on the internet, watching youtubes or watching movies on tv. I just want to be here in my room', that is always in my mind. I don't know whether that is acceptable. I don't have hobbies too. I don't interest in almost everything. I understand the suicidal thoughts and feeling hard to keep going. I hear you.

The same thing is going on with me. I haven't had any friends for 3 years now and I only talk to my parents. I also am only around other people when I go to therapy or a place called the independence center which helps people with mental illness. I've been getting really lonely...

Ditto. I work from home so the only social interaction I get is talking to my mom or coworker on the phone. Don't have any friends in this country and only leave my apartment to buy groceries. Sometimes I feel completely disconnected from the world, I'll watch a tv show where people hang out with friends, the idea alone seems completely alien to me.