Kind of done

Doommantia

I know many of us feel this way, and I know I have friends that care and I know Im very lucky in that regard. I dont take my friends for granted. However they all have close families and relationships, I see them post on Facebook all the photos of their family gatherings and events and I just feel... extremely jealous. Im happy for them dont get my wrong but as my family is non existent in a sense and very dysfunctional I have nobody but my friends. I sit at home on my own all day long most days, im unemployed and have no money, I actually have to save up to see my friends and they tell me they are very worried about me, as I spend so much time alone. Thats how bad it is, people can actually see how alone I am. So its not just a feeling, I am actually alone 90% of the time.

My family dont care about my issues, I cant turn to them for help or support and I resent them for it. I dont like being around them even. 

All I want is a family. I cant date in the state that I am in, both emotionally and financially, so I cant have a relationship. I struggle talking to "new" people unless Im drunk anyway, I have no chance of meeting anybody. I dont see the point anymore. I cant find a job, and even if I got one it would be dead end. I feel like I have no future now, ive ruined everything. 28 years old, almost 29 and Ive achieved absolutely nothing in life, only lost everything. Its one big joke on me.

Edited by Doommantia

Doommantia.

Please dont give up. are you taking medication? Seeked medical help?

Ive been where you are. recently with unemployment ive felt myself drift back. Thats why ive joined this site today. There are positives look deep for them. its already obvious to me you have friends who CARE about you. its hard when they have their own lives going on, starting families, getting promotions. i totally hear that. can really suck and you feel so low at times. please dont let it consume you.

im on ciltalipran. i high dose. it helps. but always plucking up the courage and telling your loved ones/friends about your darkness can be quite freeing. its funking scary to let your friends see that part of you. but i recommend it. 

Thanks to all for the replies. I havent felt this low in a long time and I think I might have to try seeking help again, I tried in the past and it didnt work out.

When you say, "All I want is a family", does that mean that you want to have children? 

Not necessarily, besides theres a high chance that I cant have children anyway. But I do wish to find love and maybe get married in the future.

Advertisement

I know many of us feel this way, and I know I have friends that care and I know Im very lucky in that regard. I dont take my friends for granted. However they all have close families and relationships, I see them post on Facebook all the photos of their family gatherings and events and I just feel... extremely jealous. Im happy for them dont get my wrong but as my family is non existent in a sense and very dysfunctional I have nobody but my friends. I sit at home on my own all day long most days, im unemployed and have no money, I actually have to save up to see my friends and they tell me they are very worried about me, as I spend so much time alone. Thats how bad it is, people can actually see how alone I am. So its not just a feeling, I am actually alone 90% of the time.

My family dont care about my issues, I cant turn to them for help or support and I resent them for it. I dont like being around them even. 

All I want is a family. I cant date in the state that I am in, both emotionally and financially, so I cant have a relationship. I struggle talking to "new" people unless Im drunk anyway, I have no chance of meeting anybody. I dont see the point anymore. I cant find a job, and even if I got one it would be dead end. I feel like I have no future now, ive ruined everything. 28 years old, almost 29 and Ive achieved absolutely nothing in life, only lost everything. Its one big joke on me.

I feel you on the family part. Ive always wished i had a close family. Friends are just like family but theres no denying there is a difference. BUT its ok because at the end of the day we have to remind ourselves were arent alone. Fmaily no family friends no friends sometimes we just feel down and alone and thats ok. No matter how bad it gets theres always Always the chance of it getting better. Youre going to find someone and you're going to get a job and significant other you can share your life with. 29 is just the start of life. Im 22 and i feel the same ways a lot of time feeling like i havent acomplished anything and like my life is coming to an end but really thats just my depression talking lol . Try seeking a good therapist and switch until you find one you like !! Their super helpful

Well, obviously it would be simplistic to say that everything you're feeling is due to the unrealistic view of people that Facebook gives, but it may well be part of it: https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/what-mentally-strong-people-dont-do/201603/science-explains-how-facebook-makes-you-sad

I'm sorry to hear you're feeling so discouraged and hopeless. And I hope you don't give up. Things can improve.