Sign in to follow this  
MS83

Dreaming Of My Ex

For the past several weeks, I have been having a lot of dreams about being back with my ex-girlfriend that I'd rather not be having. It's driving me crazy for several reasons. Mostly it bothers me because I am single and feel like it's the way I will be for the rest of my life.

Has anyone else dealt with this and/or do you have any tips? I don't know how much longer my heart and my sanity can take this.

I'm sorry you are going through this.  Do you mean dreams while awake or asleep?  Is it the dreams that make you feel like you will be single for the rest of your life?  I have had dreams about my ex before and also felt I would be alone for the rest of my life.  Those can both be so painful.  When you speak of "tips", do you mean tips for becoming free of the dreams or tips for becoming free of the feeling that you will be alone for the rest of your life or both or something else?  Sorry to ask so many questions, but I don't want to say things that would be unhelpful to you. 

Edited by Epictetus

Do you mean dreams while awake or asleep?

Both really but mostly when I sleep.

Is it the dreams that make you feel like you will be single for the rest of your life?

I feel that way in general but my dreams just aggravate and add to how I feel.

When you speak of "tips", do you mean tips for becoming free of the dreams or tips for becoming free of the feeling that you will be alone for the rest of your life or both or something else?

Both. I've tried doing things that put me in a good frame of mind before going to sleep hoping that would help but it hasn't.