Advertisement
  • Announcements

• Lindsay

A Reminder that we are a PG13 Site   12/09/2016

Please keep in mind that NO content can be posted that is not PG13!  No sexual content and definitely not images which is not permitted in a post! We will delete it.  Not even memes or humorous images should be posted, if you want these forums to continue. NO IMAGES! If you want to post an image, post the URL pointing it to your gallery.  Again, Depressionforums.org is PG13!! Thank you~ ~Forum Admin  
Lilnewk

Paxil side effects

2 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post  

Advertisement

I was on paxil for 4 years before tapering off for 8 months due to wanting to become pregnant. After being off for a few weeks I lost it and became really depressed so my doctor tried me on lexapro but I hated it.  My question is will I have side effects from paxil because iv been off of it for at least a month and a half ? I don't remember what kind of side effects I had back in the day. I just want to start where I left off with it :( im worried too because the doctor told me to just stop lexapro and go back to paxil so idk if I'm going to get withdrawals and side effects 

You might also be interested in:

Posted · Report post  

A side-effect is simply your bodies reaction to the working of a medication. Some people experience them, some don't. If your body is the same body that was on Paxil some months ago, I don't see how you will now begin to have different side-effects from the ones you had before quitting it all together. 

Also, dropping one antidepressant for another is normal, particularly is the dosage is very low. I would listen to the doctor and get back on Paxil which you believe worked well for you