Sign in to follow this  
fenderbg

Abuse, I can't do anything.

I'm desperate. This is going to end badly and I can't do about it.

Around two months ago I got into a relationship with an american girl. I myself am from Bulgaria, so it's the kind of internet relationship. Anyway. Her parents are divorced. I think even before she was born, during her mom's pregnancy. Basically she spent most of her life with her mom, who is abusive, neglecting and frankly bats*** crazy. A few years ago she left her alone in a ****ing airport. This finally got the attention of the law and she now lives with her dad, BUT is still obliged, BY LAW, to stay at her mother's place every wednesday and every other weekend. This is seriously freaking me out, because  find myself shaking over her everytime she is with her mom. For example just an hour ago she texted me she got kicked. I have heard her mother dring voice chat, sound slike a bipolar lunatic. I've suggested everything that ever came to my mind, she has tried it all. Hotlines, court. Wrote a letter to a judge, the judge highlighted the areas she liked and concluded my girlfirend is a delinquent and the old hag is a hardworking single mom that's doing everything right. She sent recordings. Photos of her mom threatening her. Nothing. She has to wait for 2 more ****ign years until she is free. And I'm sitting here and there's nothing I can do and that ****ing pi**es me off. What is wrong with your country and legislation, dear americans? What the **** is this?

Edited by fenderbg

I'm sorry, fenderbg.  I agree with you that the system over here in the US is broken in many ways.  I don't know what else she can do besides documenting these incidents and just keep reporting them to build up a record. Of course, in a couple of years she'll be gone and it will be beside the point.   It's crazy and frustrating that she is being ignored, but it sounds like she's already doing stuff I would advise her to do.  Do your best to keep your cool for her.  It sounds like she has a good head on her shoulders, that she is able to see that this behavior from her mom is not right. 

I wish I had something else to tell you. 

I'm at a similar point of despair. I have nothing left. Ever since I've quit my substance abuse, my depression has returned in full force. I have the choice between two kinds of hell: do I buck up and quit for good, destroying my soul in the process, or do I accept the pain of being on and off various addictions? As for your girlfriend, if her mother is really homicidal, you need to make sure your girlfriend is properly armed to protect herself. ( Bear pepperspray is a suggestion) Please note: none of the addictions I have are illegal. Anything in absurd excess can destroy your life. 

Thank you for your replies. All I can do is hope, wait, and encourage her in every possible way. I will share this with her to the best of my ability, because there is nothing else we can do.